Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Half Day-Snow Day!

Everyone's referring to today as "Snowmageddon." I have to say, I am extremely blessed today. I am scheduled for a half day today already- from 12:00 to 3:00 and since work has not been cancelled for us at the bank, I'm fortunate to have such a short shift scheduled... I woke up this morning to 11.2" of snow (according to our local news), and to my HUSBAND! On his morning conference call his sales center manager advised them to all stay in if they were able to. So there he was, working on homework. And I am so happy! Not just because it's a nice surprise to wake up to him on a work day, but also because if he wasn't here, I am not sure how I would get to work... Our driveway has two foot snow drifts, and our roads are totally blocked in. Anyone who knows my house knows that we're in a new development, with hardly any homes yet- so we're not very high on the list of side streets to be plowed. So now my sweet husband has been outside this morning shovelling, and is now taking our Jeep (which I'll be taking today since it has 4 wheel drive) to the gas station to fill the tank. What a guy!

I figured instead of posting pictures of how much snow we have, instead, I'll be posting some past pictures of some incredible vacations that we've been able to take together... Some wonderful memories, with a great man, in some amazing places!

Here's one picture that I took on Maui on the road to Hana:


What a spectacular sight! That was one of my FAVORITE days of my life!

And here we are on one of Maui's black sand beaches:


This next one is the last one I'll show from Maui, but sheesh- what I wouldn't do to get back there! :)


This just shows how blue the water is... We went snorkling here... To my friends who have just MOVED to Maui (cough-Betty and Ginny- cough-cough): I am SO jealous of you! Relish every moment of it! And to my sister and brother in law who are getting ready to leave for Maui- soak it all in! Drink a Mai Tai and think of me while you're doing that! :)

The next vacation spot I'll highlight is a place that I've been travelling to since I was a baby. It's probably not ALL that great to other people- but the beach is spectacular, it's quiet, and so peaceful: Sanibel Island, Florida!

Growing up we always stayed at Sanibel Island Beach Club II- but my husband and I tried a new place just down the beach from Beach Club II this past October- and I have to say for the cost savings, it really was a comparable stay! :)



And this was the view from our balcony.

Our favorite restaurants in the world are on Sanibel Island:


The Bubble Room! What a fun place... and the best desserts on earth! :) I think we each had about 3 ginormous pieces the whole week we were there in October.


This was us on the beach on Captiva (the island that Sanibel is connected to) watching the sunset...

What sweet, warm memories!

Everyone stay safe, and enjoy your snow day if you have one!!! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment