Monday, February 14, 2011

MY Little Valentine... Has the Sweetest Smile!!!!

Since it is Valentine's Day, I feel the need to write a blog to MY Valentine: Kristopher Michael. I love him more than anything or anyone, and am so very fortunate to have found him two and a half years ago. For those who don't know, we met while I was an intern at Coca-Cola in Kalamazoo. He was rude and ignored me most of the time I worked there (ha, he has the tendency to be "all business" at work), until I started running into him around town (e.g.: The Taste of Kalamazoo, etc). Our mutual friend, Corey "sensed a mutal attraction" and talked Kris into asking me out. Our first date was July 26, 2008, to see The Dark Knight , and then we went to Wayside and talked for hours. I went back to his condo- and do you know how we spent the next few hours?!

CREATING PROFILES FOR ME ON MATCH.COM AND E-HARMONY! HA! That's how confident we were in our relationship after that first date ;). We really DID fill those out, but it was actually a phenomenal way to get to know each other. I got back to my apartment LATE that night, and soon after told my roomate that I thought I would marry him. I was hooked... and apparently he was too, because for the entire week following our first date he couldn't stop thanking Corey for setting us up!


This was two weeks after our first date- this was when I introduced him to my family for the first time- at the B.O.B. in Grand Rapids! :) We look so youthful here!

We were engaged on April 3rd, 2009. Go ahead and Google our first and last names- our engagement video is on YouTube. But pardon the make-out session- I was thrilled!!! :)


This is one of our engagement pictures done by Jenn Anibal. She's so talented. I cherish these photos!

I couldn't stand a long engagement. I love him more than anything ever, and all I wanted since the day I met him was to marry him. On my husband's 31st birthday, August 21, 2009 we got married at Apple Blossom Chapel and Garden's in Fennville. It was the perfect setting with the perfect groom. We could have a maximum of 50 guests, and I have to say, it was great to have such an intimate group there. SO special, and so memorable. The rain held off all day long... and the moment we kissed the sky broke open and the blessings fell down! And those blessings have continued to fall on us for the past year and half of marriage.

Photo credit: Jenn Anibal again... Really, she's the best photographer!

We've had so many up's and some down's... but being married to my absolute best friend is the biggest blessing and gift. Kristopher, I am so thankful to be able to grow WITH you as husband and wife, to get to watch you grow in your relationship with Jesus into a spiritual leader for our growing family, and to embark on this crazy adventure (by the name of Keegan Michael) together. I love you, my little valentine!

No comments:

Post a Comment