Sunday, February 13, 2011

What-a Weekend!

This has been a great weekend. It's been absolutely packed, but so wonderful. I'm very thankful to have a couple days to unwind from such a whirlwind of a work-week. Saturday I started out at work- it ended up being a decent day, and definitely went much faster than some Saturday work days. After work I came home, and Kristopher and I got ready to head to Grand Rapids. We've been so busy the past few weeks that we haven't seen the family at all since Christmas Eve!  So it was a much overdue visit...

Kris' beloved Grandpa has been in the hospital all week. We found the hospital in downtown Grand Rapids just fine, parked in the parking structure, and wandered around the hospital for 20 minutes until we found his room. Ha! The layout was insane- so many different elevators leading to different towers... We were a mess! We spent a little bit of time chatting, and Kris had used the video camera to do a tour of the house for his Grandpa, since he's been in rather poor health we're figuring he will probably not make it out to Okemos again to see our home. We wanted him to see Keegan's room, and all of the decorating we've done in the house since we moved in. Funny, though: Grandpa was most excited to see Henry and Tyler (our dogs) on the video!

Finding our way out of the hospital was just the start to our problems that leg of the trip... Ha! Another 20 minutes and two parking structures later we were in our car and "headed" to my in-law's house. It should probably only take about 15 minutes or so to get there... But both of our GPS's dinked out at JUST the right time. We drove around and around- on the FREEWAYS- and would get off at an exit, and then think we were going the wrong way, and turn around, only to find out we were originally going the right way. What a disaster! Kris was laughing, I was crying, and I just wanted to go to bed!!! HA!

We FINALLY got to Kris' parents' house 45 minutes later, and were able to spend some time catching up with them, and Kris' step sister (and neice and nephew!) and step brother. It was so good to see everyone. We had a great dinner! Greek chicken, greek potatoes, and greek pasta. Mmmm! I just want to make a big bowl of Greek Pasta for this week and live off of that!!! It's Penne Pasta, Feta Cheese, Greek Olives, Red Onion and Greek Dressing all mixed together. My stomach is growling as I type!!!

We were able to get up and at 'em early enough to attend the service at Riverview today. It was great- but boy, I was exhausted from the day before, and was feeling a little sore so unfortunately I didn't get as much out of it as I should have. We ate at Mongolian BBQ (Delish!) and then came home and took a nice long nap. I haven't actually napped (just for fun, I mean- it doesn't count when you're sick ;) in so long, and it was FABULOUS! I'm thinking I should make that my new hobby for the next 12 weeks before Keegan arrives!

Now we're relaxing and watching the Grammy's, gearing up for this week. Fortunately we decided to take Friday off since we have an important doctor's appointment for Keegan... short week's always go by faster! Plus, I get to do my citizenly duty and report for jury duty tomorrow morning... I swear, I get called to Jury Duty more than anyone I know! I'm only 24 and have already been summoned THREE times! I must come across as unbiased ;)

I hope everyone had as enjoyable of a weekend as I did. Let's make it a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment