Sunday, February 6, 2011

Busy weekend, Busy week!

This has been a phenomenal weekend. I don't remember the last time I had SUCH a busy weekend- like, literally rushing from place to place from Friday after work until today (Sunday) at 4:00! Whew! I'm whooped but I have to say- I actually loved it. Normally I don't do well with rushing, but for some reason this weekend I handled it okay!

My favorite part of this weekend: today we had our Lifegroup over after church for some lunch and some sermon notes... Okay, nothing new, but my favorite part was that our friends baby boy, Greyson, was such a lovey-bear and a snuggle-bug and let me hold him and play with him all afternoon! There's nothing like a smiley, laughing baby boy to get you excited to have a son. That soft baby hair, and the smell- OH, the smell of a sweet baby! I. Am. Pumped. (to say the least)...

We had to leave small group early the last time we met because we were meeting my mom at our house- so we missed out on some big news, which instead got passed to us today: Greyson (and Quinn's) parents are going to (Lord-willing) leave to join the traveling nurses! I was shocked- especially because it feels like we're just getting to know them! So, Nate and Neena- just know that not only will WE miss you, but our whole small group will be lacking without you guys here! You are great examples of parents to small children...

After a busy, busy weekend, I am anticipating a busy, busy week. HOPEFULLY that means that the week will fly by as quickly as this weekend did?! Ha! A girl can dream, right?!

Let me end with something completely off subject... can I just say that I got another great deal this week... Reebok Easy Tones on the clearance rack at DSW (and if you know me well, I probably already told you how much I got 'em for... but I am going to pretend to be modest about my good deal and not announce it on the blog)! They've inspired me to start working out again... and by working out I mean, walking on the treadmill for 15-25 minutes... But they make everything so much harder! I would recommend them to anyone (but only if you get them for the steal that I did ;).


Please note: I got such a steal on these shoe's because they're whiter than all get-out... but us beggars can't be choosers, now, can we?!

Anyway, got to go... the Super Bowl starts in 23 minutes... HA!! Who am I kidding?! I'm sure we'll be watching E! all night instead... ;)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks to you, we went to DSW right after we left and we each got a pair of black Easy Tones!
    Juleen Kenney

    ReplyDelete