Sunday, January 30, 2011

New boots, clean house, great weekend!

This has been a great weekend. We truly enjoying spending time with friends and family, however, this weekend was a phenomenal weekend to spend with my husband. I don't know if I'm quite "nesting" yet- because when you hear that term, you have the tendency to think that you get this drive to clean-clean-clean... but I still have to push myself so hard to do the normal stuff that I should be doing around our house. So... Let's just say that my bedroom/closet/bathroom have suffered tremendously the past 26 weeks. We finally MADE ourselves clean them this weekend. It was hard work, multiple loads of laundry and a ton of folding... but BOY does it feel good! :)

One night, we also went out for a some sushi (since it's one of my primary cravings... always. NOT because I'm pregnant. Because it's incredible and I love it all the time!). We typically go to a place that's about 2 minutes from our house that we love. There's a newer place on the other side of Okemos that we had tried a couple of times (Maru), and thought was good... just not as good as "our" place. We decided to give it a whirl again and we could not have been more pleased! It was so phenomenal. We had our first experience sitting at the sushi bar instead of a table- and I think we've found our new favorite spot! It is so cool to see these chefs create such works of art with FOOD!

Our favorite roll was the "Crouching Tiger": Shrimp Tempura, Cream Cheese, Crab, topped with Ebi and Avocado, Spicy Mayo, Eel Sauce, Wasabi Aioli, Masago and Negi

I don't even know what half of those words mean... but it's fully cooked- so it's healthy for me AND Keegs... And all together that group of words I don't know ended up being the most amazing combination of flavors I've had in a long time... I think I'll dream about them at night until I get it in real life again!

Also... I just have to post my newest, most incredible find. It's been a long time since I've bought anything for myself. And that's for a couple of reasons:

Reason #1: BABY STUFF- there is so much coming up for Keegan that we need to either purchase before he arrives, or save up for so we're prepared after he arrives (e.g.: Daycare) so we should stop spending money on ourselves and start saving for our family.

Reason #2: IT'S DEPRESSING- HA! But really. I've always been someone who doesn't try things on. I just know what fits me well, and I can see something hanging, hold it up to me, purchase it and bring it home. And almost 100% of the time it turns out to be a great buy... But since August... I can't gauge my size properly and then get so depressed while trying to buy cute things. SO... What does a round little pregnant girl buy?!

SHOES!!! Well, Boots... My feet haven't grown enough that it depresses me to buy shoes! :)

Here they are:


My husband made me promise that I don't share how much I spent on them (and no- not because I spent too much- but because I can't bite my tongue when I get an AMAZING deal!!!)... and I already spilled the beans to a girlfriend at church today... Ha!

But let me just tell you, GO TO YOUNKERS IF YOU WANT TO FIND CHEAP BOOTS!!! :)

I have a feeling that this week is going to be a long one. Anyone in any of the 29 states that are supposed to be pounded with a foot of snow on Tuesday probably feels the same way, too!

2 comments: