Monday, January 17, 2011

Chair Rail: Check!

Today we accomplished something that I've doubted for so long that we would actually do... we successfully hung a chair rail in Keegan's future nursery... To anyone else, it probably doesn't sound like that great of a feat, however, to Kris and I, today it was our Mount Everest! And we climbed that mountain successfully! I am proud to say that I, 6 months pregnant, really did help. I sawed, I hammered and I painted....

And we didn't argue!

Let's start with some before shots:



Here's my handsome husband. He isn't a person that we normally refer to as "handy," but he did an amazing job on this room. It's incredible the things a man will do/learn to do for his children!

Now, after multiple coats of khaki, blue and white paint and dozens of bent nails and smashed fingers...

I give to you, our Mount Everest!!!





There's a proud papa right there... taking in our couple day's work! We are so proud and now cannot wait to pick up the furniture to complete the room. I absolutely love the way it looks, but oddly enough (or maybe not so oddly), I feel even better about being able to check things off our list of "to-do's" before Keegan makes his grand appearance. I am one of those people that despises having things left on my list, no matter how much time we have left. All I think about it what is left to do. My husband sure does know the way to my heart... checking things off of that list!

So, we'd like to thank everyone that gave us advice on hanging chair rail and painting...!

Lastly, I just want to post a picture of some canvas letters that I painted a couple of weeks ago (totally copied some that I found on Etsy and ended up saving approximately $40 in doing so). These nursery letters were what kicked us in the hiney to start getting things done, and I have to say, I'm proud of how they turned out. Can't wait to see them hanging on the wall.



Thanks for sharing in this post!

2 comments:

  1. You are amazing and I love you so very much!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - Mandy and Kris - everything looks so great! Love the paint colors and the glider!! I'm very impressed. :)

    ReplyDelete