Sunday, January 16, 2011

Starting Out!

I've been so encouraged by some basic blogs that I've been reading on a daily basis, that I felt that maybe I should give the blogging world a whirl myself. They haven't been geared toward anything specific, but the women that I've been following have inspired me in their desire to lead lives that bring glory to God in the way that they live their lives with their husbands and raise their children. Since in about 15 and 1/2 weeks I will be both a wife AND a mother, I figured now was as good of a time as any to hop on this bloggin' bandwagon!

Don't get your hopes up... my life is far from exciting, but I know I'm not the only one who finds joy in the little things in life, so that's exactly what I'm hoping for.

So to start, our first son is due on May 5 so we are busily preparing to welcome him into our home. Bit by bit things are coming along: we've been blessed so far with so much for him. While watching Miss America last night (yes, my incredible husband watched Miss America with me), we put together Keegan's beautiful high chair and his Co-sleeper Arm's Reach bassinet. Not going to lie, a girlfriend at work recommended the Co-sleeper to me, and I could not be more excited. This bassinet straps safely to your bed and allows you to essentially have your child within arms reach- which (hopefully) will make nursing a much more pleasant experience for everyone in the first few months. Who would've thought, even a year ago, that I could get so excited about a bassinet!

This long weekend is allowing us to, Lord-willing, finish the nursery  (all except the furniture- that will come in the next week or two, then I'll post a finished product picture). After a long time searching, I finally decided on the most awesome bedding from Pottery Barn Kids...

Not going to be embroidering his name on it. As much as I adore monogramming everything, I don't think our future children will appreciate having to use everything with their big brother's name on it just because I got a little carried away! :)

One little splurge that I found on the Pottery Barn Kids site that I'm pretty sure I might have to buy to complete the room is this so cute lamb mobile:


I am in love with this! This boy is going to have one cute room. Not a baby room, a big boy room! :)

I am looking forward to blogging more. I think my husband will appreciate it too, so I can post "exciting" things on here (like this lamb mobile) instead of calling him over to look at all of my cute finds... You're welcome, Kristopher!

1 comment:

  1. I love that you're blogging now :) I have 2...one on Blogspot to be about/for the baby and sharing with family, and then one on Wordpress for personal/spiritual-thought type stuff. I'm subscribing to your blog now!

    ReplyDelete