Thursday, March 3, 2011

31 Week Update... Whew!

Wow. This is going by SO fast. It's great, but I'm definitely starting to feel a little crazy- I'm losing my MIND lately! HA! I am starting to get so ready to meet this boy... not only because I want to know who this crazy little man in my belly is, but I really am looking forward to having 12 weeks off with him. I can't wait to get to know him!

Tomorrow's the last day of the week, and I don't think it will be too bad of a day. It should go by quickly- hopefully... Especially since Saturday's going to be a crazy day. We have our all-day-crash-course-birthing class at the hospital. With my job I definitely cannot guarantee what time I will be out on any given day, so to try and do a normal 6 week, every Wednesday thing was not happening for us. So know we get to spend our Saturday being completely overwhelmed and somewhat terrified by all sorts of things that we haven't thought of before! Ha!

So here's this weeks update:

 
I'm 31 Weeks!

How Far Along: 31 Weeks
Size of baby: He's just over 16 inches long and weighs in at about 3.3 lbs. Big boy!
 
Total Weight Gain/Loss: I finally stood on the scale a few days ago... Surprisingly, I'm still at a 24 lb weight gain! I'm starting to swell a little, so I'm sure I'll have put on a few more pounds by the beginning of May!
Maternity Clothes: Mostly all maternity- all maternity pants, and some regular shirts.
Gender: My baby boy, Mr. Keegan Michael :)
 
Movement: He's actually sleeping a lot more lately. He DOES move, and I feel it frequently, but it's rarely as much kicking and he's starting to transition into just MOVING... I think he's going to be a big boy, so I think he's starting to smoosh up a little in there!
 
Sleep: I am having such a hard time falling asleep at night. I have slept through the night the past couple nights without waking up much- but I think it's because I'm getting so exhausted from having trouble FALLING asleep so much! I guess it's just training though for when itty bitty gets here!
 
What I miss: Oh you know, just bending over, and not walking like I have saddle sore! 
 
Cravings: MILK. I normally HATE milk. I mean, I will rarely have a glass a month. But I (all by myself) went through a gallon of milk in 5 days. Mmm!
 
Symptoms: Sleepiness, sore joints, sore boobs, acid reflux, pain in my pubic bone, and some shortness of breath... my sciatic has been acting up a little the past couple of days- and I swear, I am absolutely losing my mind. I didn't think there was really such thing as pregnancy brain- but the past couple of days I feel like a crazy lady! I make a genuine effort to write something out correctly, or to remember something but I'll still write it wrong, or have no idea what I was saying. I hate it!  
Best Moment this week: I think the best moment was... getting to see the parent's last weekend for a little bit. It was great!
 
Also, just a little prayer request: my mom's dog, Murphy is the little doggie love of her life. He's a mini-dachshund, and they have the tendency to have back problems. Murphy's little back has started to really hurt him. They've been referred to a doggie surgeon, but the surgery would be very expensive. Please pray that he feels better soon, and as soon as possible... I know my mom AND Murphy would greatly appreciate it!

No comments:

Post a Comment