Sunday, March 6, 2011

Date Night and Baby Class!

This weekend went WAY too quick. We had a great weekend, but it was so full that I can hardly believe it's already over! On Friday I was lucky enough to actually get out of work on time (I know, right?!), and my husband had made reservations at a really nice restaurant here in Okemos that we had yet to try: Dusty's Cellar. HOW DID WE NOT GO HERE UNTIL NOW?! It was a little pricier than we would prefer, but we hadn't gone out to dinner in a couple of weeks, and I have to say it was SO worth the money. I rarely have a meal that costs more than I'd prefer and say that it was truly worth it.

We started out with the Cheese Fondue Appetizer:


My word, this was delish! It had some white wine in it, so it was a great flavor along with the swiss cheese.

For my main course I had the Smoked Turkey Torta Rustica... What might that be, you ask?! Well let me quote the menu for you before I show you the picture: "Brioche Dough filled with Smoked Turkey, Red Peppers, Provolone, Spinich, Garlic Herb Gornay Cheese and Artichoke Hearts"...

Bum-ba-da-da!!!!


OH. MY. WORD. I can't even use my words to describe it's deliciousness. Just look at it! Anyway, this is my plug for my new favorite restaurant: Dusty's Cellar. And to top it off, when we paid the check, they brought two little brownie's instead of mints!

That was one fantastic way to start our weekend. The next morning we were up bright and early for our Baby class at the hospital that we will be giving birth at. First thing I'll say is: PRAISE THE LORD our dear friends Dorelle and Bryan were in the same class. I will advise anyone else expecting in the Lansing area to NOT do the all day seminar. It was WAY too much in one sitting.

I think if I were to do it over again I would only take the half day infant care class. The first half was just going over birthing videos and things like that (things that I will not even see happening on/in myself that I had no desire to see- and would much rather have NOT seen! Ha!) I just feel like it happens inside of you, and out of eyeshot for a reason... :) The class WAS good, however, to go over infant care. I have never been around a NEW-newborn baby before so it was definitely great learning how to swaddle properly, breastfeeding "grips", etc.

Today we had church, and had LifeGroup with a few other couples, then came home and did all sorts of cleaning and laundry. Now I am whooped, and am BUMMED that the weekend went by so quickly!

Let's have a good week, and hope that it goes by quickly! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment