Wednesday, March 30, 2011

My Water-Themed Weekend!

Wow. This post is far past-due! I meant to post this on Sunday, but I've been so exhausted after this weekend that I feel like I'm just now starting to get into the swing of things this week! And it's almost THURSDAY! Ha!

Anyway, this weekend was a phenomenal one. It was very "water"themed. Saturday was my Baby SHOWER, and then I was BAPTISED! So weird, huh?! Ha, I love finding joy in the little things in life! Anyway, starting with Saturday...

Our shower was thrown by my mom, sisters and mother-in-law at Carraba's here in Lansing. It was beautiful. So many fantastic people joined from around the state, and my sweet cousin, Becky, even came all the way from Chicago! It was so nice visiting. The food was delish, and the company was even better! We are so blessed to have so many supportive and sweet friends and family members. It's incredible to see how loved Keegan Michael is already!

Here are some picture's from the shower on Saturday:

My mom had this banner custom made for the shower! It was so cute.


And she had these center pieces done at a florist up in Grand Rapids. The tables were so beautiful!


Just a few cute details:
1.Kris' grandma had this cake made... We told her to order one for about 35 people... she ordered one for 70 PEOPLE!! Let's just say, there were a lot of left overs.
2. The napkins for the cake were little diapers with little diaper pins on them! SO adorable, huh?!
3. Note the framed picture of the invitation. My sister, Molly did those, and they are some of the most beautiful invitations I've ever seen! They're even prettier than my wedding invitations were! Ha!)


Instead of having a guestbook, we passed around Goodnight, Moon and had everyone write a message to Keegan in the front. It was SO incredible to read all the kind and loving comments to our sweet boy! AND it was funny to read my sister's comments back and forth about who's the favorite Auntie and who loves him more!


I also have to post a picture of the AWESOME diaper bag that the Anderson side of the family had made for us! I've never seen anything like it, but it is SO me, and I adore it! It inspired me to get the diaper bag packed already because it's so chic, I just can't wait to use it! :) THANK you, Aunt Nancy and Aunt Diane!!!


Lastly, here's just a cute picture of my beautiful mom and sisters, and me!

It was a great day. It was exhausting because we pretty much had to head STRAIGHT to church to get there in time for the Saturday night service that I was getting baptised during. I LOVED not doing anything at all on Sunday!!

Anyway, I just wanted to share some pictures from that sweet shower! What a great time with great friends and family! Thank you again, everyone who could come, and who were there in spirit! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment