Monday, May 14, 2012

These are a few of my favorite things

Hi, I'm Mandy, and I'm bad at blogging again. I still need to post about Keegan's birthday party, because I am pretty proud of how it turned out. I'm really detail oriented so I spent a lot of time preparing, and it ended up so worth it. But for now, let's talk about some random goodness.

#1) We're getting a new car on Wednesday! So pumped. We're getting a navy blue Chevy Traverse. Such a great incentive right now- and they're built right here in good ol' Lansing!!! Coke is getting rid of company cars, and we've put off getting a new one for a few months. We're right up to the wire and have to turn in the old company car on June 1. We are excited!!! We will miss the free gas that came with the old Ford Focus, but are looking forward to a little more reliable of a ride, and having some room to grow our family in the future.

#2) I learned the trick to the BEST chicken you've ever had on CBS This Morning a few weeks ago, and I've made it twice so far and it was even better the 2nd time.

Wanna know the secret?!

Take an entire roaster chicken (thawed) and pop it in a roasting pan with a tiny bit if water on the bottom. Cover that chicken with delicious raw bacon. By cover, I mean seriously cover it. I've found that its best with a little fatter bacon because it really makes it juicy.

Then, you just bake it (UNCOVERED!!!) at 350 degrees for about 3 hours.

That's it!!!! No basting at all!

Next!

#3) I got lucky a couple weeks ago when I went to Marshall's... I got there WHILE they were doing mark downs. Hahahaha it was T.R.O.U.B.L.E.

I had to have help carrying stuff up to the counter! I've been wanting to find a piece to put up on our landing at the top of our staircase to make it seem more like some useful living space, and I found a side table, a lamp and little bird statue all for $60!!!

I am so pleased with it, and here is a photo below.

I promise. I'll blog tomorrow to try and get caught up, since I know everyone's been on the edge of their seats wondering where the heck I've been on the blogging front (psych!).

No comments:

Post a Comment