Monday, May 21, 2012

"Southern" Okra Recipe

I got this recipe by reading a few online when I bought okra for the first time at the Farmers Market last summer... Now it's one of my fav's... Now, just keep in mind, okra's a little slimey, so that's why I prefer it over brown rice like THIS:

Cut up a pint of okra, leaving behind the tips and butts.

In a sauté pan, put a couple teaspoons of butter or margarine with about a teaspoon of minced garlic and about the same of chopped onion.

Once they're getting a little browned, sprinkle about 3 teaspoons of sugar. Add the okra and cook a little.

Then pour a little jar of tomato sauce over it and let it simmer about 15 minutes or so...

Serve over brown rice or just eat it regular. Even Keegan LOVED it.

Mmmm...

I'm hungry now!

No comments:

Post a Comment