Saturday, May 19, 2012

Sweet Saturday...

Yesterday was a sweet day.

I almost teared up a couple of times because at so many moments it was exactly how I would want to be spending that moment if I had been given the choice to do absolutely anything in the world.

Kris and I both woke up early and were able to enjoy our coffee before Keegan woke up. We went to Walmart and Home Depot before lunch. I had wanted to pick up some paint to touch up our outdoor trim along with a couple of pieces of outdoor furniture and outdoor pillows for our deck to replace the stackable plastic furniture that we've had since we moved in for our deck to make it feel more like a little living space.

Keegan took a nap while I painted and arranged furniture, and Kris totally emptied and cleaned the garage and threw out junk. That, too, we've been wanting to do since we moved in.

Keegan woke up after over 2 hours and we started making dinner.. Probably one of my absolute favorite summer meals: BBQ chicken on the grill, and southern style Okra over brown rice... Mmmm... I'm stuffed and my mouth is still salivating thinking about it. I'll have to post a recipe for southern Okra, because IT. IS. GOOD. And up north we just don't serve it enough!

After dinner and a long hot day working outside, we loaded up in the car to hit up the new Coldstone in Okemos (right at Okemos and Jolly, Lansing people! And this is like a gorgeous coffee shop inside!).

We all got cake batter ice cream. Keegan loved his and got a definite sugar rush! Ha! ... I guess Kris and I liked ours too... Bahahaha! Psych! What's not to LOVE about cake batter ice cream filled with brownies and cookie dough?!

After Coldstone we took a little drive around Okemos and made our way to Target to pick up a citronella candle for my new two person outdoor living space (HA! My DECK.).

Keegan went to bed and Kris and I settled down with a wine spritzer (courtesy of Dr. Oz- club soda and white wine- we used Moscato) on the deck. We sat for an hour unwinding an enjoying each others company. It almost felt like a date and or a mini vacation all wrapped into one.

Life is good.

God is good.

I am feeling good!

No comments:

Post a Comment