Thursday, May 24, 2012

Mac, Mac n' Cheese!!!

We sing a Mac n' Cheese song to Keegan whenever we eat it. It goes something like, "Mac, Mac n' Cheese! We love our Mac, Mac n' Cheese!" Kris may or may not have been the one to write this really deep song... Ha!

Okay, so anyone else see that crock pot recipe for Mac n' Cheese on Pinterest?!

Well, I used it, with a couple of adjustments, to make the most delicious lunch ever.

Here's the recipe:

2 1/4 cups of milk
1 egg
1 1/2 cups shredded cheese
Salt and Pepper to taste
2 cups of pasta (online it called for elbow, but I had shells!)

Add everything except the pasta in the crock pot and mix well.

Slowly stir in the noodles.

Cook for about 3 hours on low. After about 2 hours, when the cheese mix is nice and thick, sprinkle with Italian bread crumbs... Okay, the Pinterest recipe didn't call for the bread crumbs, but SO good!!!

I sprinkled cayenne pepper on my serving. Keegan ate the whole plateful of his!

I wish I had some leftovers but we ate it all. Next time I might even double it so we can actually have leftovers...

And just for good measure I'm adding a picture of my little buttsy boy who I love so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment