Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Start of the Week, Start of the job!

This has been an awesome week and  half. I have been working so hard to try and pass my Life and Health and Property and Casualty licensing tests. Studying has been so much harder this time around trying to get everything down with the baby around, however, I'm pleased to be able to announce that I am DONE with studying! Last Monday I passed my Health test with an 82% and Friday I passed my Property and Casualty with an 85%... What did I learn from these tests?! I am a VERY GOOD GUESSER... :) Ha!

I'm so glad to be done and I've SO enjoyed starting at the agency. All I've done is train so far, but I have to say- it's a totally different atmosphere than anywhere I've ever worked. They're so "open-door" and want to talk about any issues that you may have. They are encouraging, understanding, and SO family oriented. Totally awesome, huh?! A girlfriend of mine put it into perspective for me, perfectly... Essentially I have two weekends every week! I work Monday and Tuesday, then have Weekend #1, then I work Friday have Weekend #2! I am LOVING it! And to top it off, Keegan's day care is RIGHT by my work, so I've been able to swing by on my lunch break and give him some snuggles and a bottle. I love it.

This past weekend we had a little family reunion in Frankenmuth (for anyone that doesn't know: Frankenmuth is called "Little Bavaria" of Michigan. It's adorable and they have the best chicken restaurants ever). We walked around downtown quite a bit, swam at the indoor waterpark at the Bavarian Inn (where we stayed), ate out with family, and the next morning visited Bronners (the largest Christmas store in the world- open 360 days a year!). Here are some pictures of our wonderful weekend:

Mmm... Bavarian Inn chicken!

The guys swimming! Ha- my cousin, Ashleigh, pointed out the water coming out of Kris' head. HA!

Laughing at his Pappy...

My mom wanted to take our picture at Bronners... as soon as we started smiling, Keegan started peeing all over me... Somehow his diaper had scooted to the side. AH! That's why we're posed so goofy!

So now, Keegan Michael and I are off to enjoy Weekend #1. Probably just running errands, but we'll be enjoying each others company while we run them!

On a serious note, please keep Kris' grandpa in your prayers. He's not doing well at all and is more than likely headed to a Hospice facility. Kris is very close to his grandpa and it's definitely not an easy thing for him to be going through.

Thanks for reading- I hope everyone else enjoys the next two days as much as I will! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment