Sunday, August 7, 2011

Can't believe I'm saying I'm ready for Monday...

This is NOT a weekend that will go down as a good weekend in the Karolkiewicz book of weekends.

You know those weeks where you just feel under attack by Satan? I'd have to say, this seems to be one of those weeks.

On Thursday of last week my mom and I went to visit my Aunt, Uncle, Cousin and her family, and her brother and his girlfriend at a cottage out in Whitehall. It was fabulous to see them all, and we had a great day... except for when Keegan and I drove home from Grammy's house in Grand Rapids. He screamed from the time we got in the car in her driveway, until we got home, had our bath and were rocking in his rocking chair. BUT, during our drive I found myself getting VERY frustrated with him.

But then it struck me...

I HAVE a screaming baby in the backseat. So many people would kill to have a screaming baby in their backseat, but for one reason or another can't. Suddenly that drive took on a whole new meaning to me. I turned to Smile FM (the BEST Christian station in mid Michigan!), blasted the music, rolled down the windows and worshipped- all the while with Keegan screaming in the back seat! :)

Keegan and I rocked to sleep and when we said our prayers at about 8:15-8:20. We had a really strong desire to pray for Kris' grandpa just then- who we knew wasn't doing too well and was just placed in hospice care. We got a call from Kris (who was at school at the time) just a few minutes later that he had just passed away. It's incredible how God places people on your heart in their time of need.

Kris was very close to his grandpa, so it was really hard for him here in the past few months to see him deteriorating away the way he did. If anything, he was more relieved to have him pass so quickly.

Here is the link to the Obituary, and the funeral arrangements if anyone's interested:

http://www.tributes.com/show/Bill-Karolkiewicz-92058604

We both took Friday off of work and spent the day up in Grand Rapids with family. We were able to see Grandpa one last time- it's incredible how once the soul's gone all that's left really is just a shell. It was nice to be with everyone, but it was definitely exhausting for us. On the way home I started just not feeling right. We went through our bedtime routine, and were pleasantly surprised with Keegan Michael slept for NINE AND A HALF hours!!! However, I woke up at 5:00am sick as could be. I was convinced I had food poisoning because I didn't have a fever or anything. We ended up going to my Aunt's house for a pool party that we had all planned on for a couple weeks. I'd been SO looking forward to it, that there was no way I was gonna let a little food poisoning get in my way!

We hung out for a few hours, and I slowly began getting more and more sore. I got home and I just KNEW I had a fever. I took my temp and it was nearly 101 degrees. Not that high, but enough to feel junky. I felt bad that I had been near Keegan all day- and I felt bad that I didn't want to be near him anymore. That's an AWFUL feeling when he wants his momma and I just couldn't do it. Bless Kris' heart- he really helped me out last night.

We all went to bed, and Keegan slept Nine and half hours AGAIN! Luckily, I was able to sleep 8.5 of those hours straight, too, and so that helped. However, this morning, KRIS woke up at 5:00am with the same darn bug that I had! Absolutely awful. So today we've been struggling... It's so hard to act like a big baby when YOU'RE sick when you actually HAVE a baby who can't take care of himself!

I'm starting to feel a little better, so I'm praying that as Monday comes, the week can start fresh and we can put all of this behind us and enjoy our week and our family. Because we are blessed. So incredibly blessed.

I'm convinced that when you start really focusing on how blessed and contented your are with your life, and the gifts God's given you, Satan tries to attack from every angle. Whether it be trying to get on your last nerve with a screaming baby in the backseat, or bringing up your insecurities, to even wearing on your physical health... HA! All of the above this weekend for the Karolkiewicz Family! :)

Needless to say, I'm ready for Monday and fresh start to a new week. Here's to a better weekend next weekend!

Zephaniah 3:17: The Lord your God is in your midst, a might One who will save; He will rejoice over you with gladness; He will quiet you by His love; He will exult over you with loud singing.

No comments:

Post a Comment