Thursday, August 18, 2011

Happenings and Happenings

Today is definitely going to be a mumbo jumbo of all of my random updates.

First of all, the past two nights sweet Keegy is finally back to sleeping 9+ hours straight a night! Loves it!

He's on antibiotics to try and kick his bronchitis- he's still coughing quite a bit, but I'm hoping maybe by the end of the day tomorrow he'll be on the upturn. Poor boy. Momma does NOT like when he's sick. What's incredible, though, is that he's still an absolute joy. How lucky am I to have a baby that really does only cry when he's hungry?!

Keegan is belly laughing like no one's business this week. It's so fun that now he laughs really hard when you tickle him.

PLUS, he's taking his second big kid nap of the day! Normally he doesn't nap much when he's home with mommy, but this morning he took at 1 1/2 hour nap, and now he's almost at the two hour mark for his second nap! Lucky Momma.

There's been a lot to do today, because this weekend is Daddy's birthday (which just so happens to be our wedding anniversary, too!). Keegan made his daddy a present this morning- and he helped me bake a cake (Daddy requested german chocolate- yum!).



Keegan's grammy is coming tomorrow to watch Keegan, and bless her, she is going to stay after work so that Kris and I can go out on our very first date since Keegan was born! Wahoo!!! I'm sure we'll enjoy that. I cannot wait. It sure makes you appreciate the time you have alone together when you don't have much of it! :)

Oh, and we cancelled cable at our house! It's great. I realized that every night the only thing we watched was on the basic cable channels- so why spend that much money a month? It's nice to know that we still get all the same shows, but are paying SO much less. We did, however, get Hulu Plus. I'm actually watching The Hills Season 1 on it right now. So old school! But I love it!

BIG NEWS! I'm within 7 pounds of my pre baby weight! It's within reach! Personally I'd like to get about 5 pounds less than I was before I was pregnant so that after the next baby I have a lot less to work to lose! Plus I'm so paranoid about aging... I always thought I hadn't changed much in the past couple of years, but I stumbled upon some of our engagement pictures from just over two years ago... and my WORD! I look so much older now! I used to be a 22 year old who looked like an 18 year old... and now I'm a 24 going on 25 year old who looks her age! Ah.

Needless to say, I got suckered into buying a microdermabraision kit at Walmart today. I already used it :) Ha! My face looks so much younger already! HA!

Anyway, look for an update this weekend...! My baby's waking up from his two hour nap, so it's about time for this momma to get him a bots!

No comments:

Post a Comment