Monday, January 2, 2012

My someday house list...

I've been doing so much decorating in my head, of a house that we don't have. I have been planning and deciding things that I am going to be doing to our new house. What new house? I'm not quite sure yet, but I know it's the new house that we will get whenever we finally end up selling our current house.

I definitely think it's important to live within our means, so I'm trying to find frugal but creative ways to make whatever future home we have a cozy and lovely place to live. Not that our current home isn't. Our current home is beautiful. But, whatever home we end up in is not going to be as fancy as our current house, that's for sure.

But, to start, whether we move any time soon or not, I NEED a slip cover for our chair in our living room. I would say we need a new chair, but that's too much money. So, I NEED a slip cover :) This is the one I'd like from surefit.com:


It looks perfect and cozy, and will hide dog hair super well, and we'd be able to take it off and pop it in the washing machine. FABULOUSSSS!

Also, I really would like a new coffee table. Our coffee table works just fine, I guess. But it shows rings and stains, and I'll be honest, I spilled nail polish remover on it, and somehow it outlined my iPhone. So now, there's an iPhone ring on the table permanently. So, I'm hoping whenever we end up moving, we end up in a house that has a rec-room in the basement so we can put the messy coffee table down there for our children to play games and color on. And then this momma can get a new coffee table ottoman like this:

Don't you just want to snuggle up on a couch, put your feet up on this coffee table, turn on the fireplace and cover up with that blanket while you sip on that cup of tea right there?! Mmm.

Also, I'm really into the idea of re-doing kitchen cabinets. Not by buying really expensive ones, but vamping up whichever ones we're given. On Pinterest I've seen a lot of really cool ideas that involve bead boarding, painting and then topping it with fancy counter tops. I want to do THIS wherever we move (I will NOT do this to our custom cabinets in this house... HA!).


Okay, and then also, I found this Swedish Proverb on Pintrest also. I'm obsessed. My favorite. I want to either make a sign for Keegan's room, or eventually paint it somewhere on a wall in my house as a good reminder:



Isn't that fabulous? It's so true. When you feel like someone deserves your love the least, that's when they need it most. Love them through it.

Anyway, that's just my current someday wish list. Love. Love. Love.

Someday :)



No comments:

Post a Comment