Saturday, January 7, 2012

My little pinteresting week...

A lot of people I know LOVE Pinterest. A lot of people I know also say, though, that they never actually do anything that they see on Pinterest. I, on the other hand, tend to take it a little overboard. I hardly cook a dinner anymore that I haven't seen on Pinterest... so, Kris LOVES Pinterest, too :)

I've tried a couple of new things that I'm really proud of, and so I have to boast. Hey, it's my blog- I can brag a little if I want to! Haha!

Okay, so this was my first attempt at baking a homemade pie. It's a salted honey custard pie- and I must say, we LOVE it. It kind of has the taste of baklava with the honey- but the texture of pumpkin pie. It's SO good. And the little bit of sea salt on top just brings the flavor full circle:



Kris even said that this should be my new go-to "signature" dessert!

Next, to say that we're chicken salad fans would almost be an understatement. We love it. We could eat it for a week straight and want more. You know, the type with grapes and almonds in it?! Well, Pinterest of course, had the greatest chicken pasta salad recipe ever.



So heads up to my in-laws and our lifegroup (who are all coming over tomorrow- at different times :) that you will all be served some of these treats. There'll be more too, but these are just my new specialties. HA!

Now, it was New Years weekend when I went through my Pinterest boards to try and remind myself of some projects. I realized that I had SO wanted to make this plate with Keegan, but figured that as long as I got it done before I put all the Christmas decorations away, it was alright and would count as a Christmas project :)



I found the plate at Home Goods, and actually went ahead and bought 3 other plates in the set so we can do it with our other kids on their first Christmases. I figured 3 more so we'd be safe to have all matching plates! :) Sorry, Kris, I guess we can't have six kids- not enough matching "mistletoes" plates!

Lastly- these pictures are definitely not Pinterest, but they ARE the cutest boy you ever did see, though!



Okay, so, Santa brought Keegan so many bath toys, and he LOVES it. Including these stacking cups. Every night, Keegan and I play a game where I put it on his head like a little top hat and say, "all dressed up and no where to go!" and he laugh-laugh-laughs until it falls off of his head, and he laughs even harder. It's so cute.



Haha, and I just love this picture for so many reasons. Kris took this yesterday after he got home from work, and texted it to me at work reminding me it was the weekend. If this picture isn't the best way to start your weekend, well golly, I just don't know what is. Another reason I love this: His teeth. Do you see them?! They're so cute. He's so cute. I love him.

I hope everyone's thoroughly enjoying their weekends- because I sure as heck am!

No comments:

Post a Comment