Thursday, January 19, 2012

Creepy crawler on our hands!

Welp, we've officially got a crawler on our hands. I thought I would dread it since I can no longer put Keegan down and walk away to do dishes, etc., but I actually LOVE it! He's so active now that he sleeps super sound when he naps. I will say, however, that the bruises and scrapes have already started.

This past weekend Keegan slept over at his Grandma Barb and Papa Bill's house while Kris and I went with a few people from our life group to see Francis Chan and Rend Collective. Keegan had crawled about 1-2 crawls for us- but of COURSE once we left- he became a crawling machine. He still doesn't crawl ALL the time... I just think he's kind of laid back and doesn't really care to crawl over and get something if it seems like too much work at the time... HA! Momma's boy, huh?! :)

Unfortunately, now that he's so mobile, if he wakes up from his nap prematurely, though, he sits right up and tries to stand up in bed... We'll have to work on that :) HA.

It's adorable. He crawls from the dining room into the living room, and tries to play with the fire place (we're working on that, too). He crawls into the kitchen and is now pulling himself up on EVERYTHING! I can tell that he has this new found confidence since he became independently mobile... SO CUTE!

Here are some photos from this week...


There's Standy Mcstanderson. Love.


Here's boo this morning- I went in the kitchen to grab a cup of coffee.. He crawled over and pulled himself up... Then stood there for about 10 minutes (Show off! Ha!).

Okay, quick story: this Monday Kris had work off so he stayed home with Keegan. We were about out of food for any acceptable meals, so I asked Kris to take Keegan shopping for a short list of things to get us through the week. He 'bout had a conniption. HAHA. But, he cheerfully went- and I only received a couple of texts with questions while at the store. I ALSO got a great photo of my baby looking a little bit unsure to be shopping with Dad:


Love it. HA. Okay, well, now to some sad news:

On Friday I noticed that Henry's eye looked a little weird- and some friends commented on Saturday and wondered if he was going blind. Henry's only three- so we called the vet and they had me bring him in yesterday. Unfortunately we foudn out that our young little puppy dog has cataracts. So sad. We can have surgery- but it's really pretty pricey. But he's so young- we're debating if it will be well worth it. We have an appointment with a veteranary optomoligist (I can't believe they exist!) on February 2nd. Poor dog!

This weekend we actually have a day to relax. We are not doing ANYTHING on Saturday other than going to church... But, we DO have a house showing, which is always good. Just praying that it sells soon, especially with some unexpected big expenses that have come up. Can you say a prayer, too?!

Happy Friday tomorrow, everyone! Enjoy your weekend- I know I will!

No comments:

Post a Comment