Sunday, July 17, 2011

Wonderful Weekend, Diet Declaration!

I think this will go down as one of the best weekends of Summer 2011. We've been very busy, and nothing inparticular stands out as a highlight... but it was just a perfect summer weekend. Yesterday we took off early and spent the day in Grand Haven, Michigan on the lake shore. My husband spent so much of his time as a little boy during his summers up there- so it's nice to see him enjoying it so much.

We already had plans to go out there on Saturday, and when my sister-in-law, Tracey, heard we'd be out there, she decided that she and her family would meet us out there. It was great to have their company! Grand Haven tends to be very busy on Saturdays during the summers, but we were lucky enough to still get a parking spot in one of the prime lots right on the beach.

My little stud-muffin was a little champ:


We had a beach umbrella and brought our stroller onto the beach so he was able to rest in there in the shade as well. He had all the teenage girls at the beach fawning over him... HA! (I'm not going to lie, I didn't really like that because I instantaneously thought about how I will have to lock him up when he's older...)

We had ice cream and also had my favorite: Pronto Pup! They have the most delicious little corn dogs. Mmmm!

Today my Uncle Dan had his retirement party after (I believe) 30 years of service as a Fire Fighter. It was a beautiful party and it was so fantastic to spend that time with family and family friends that I hadn't seen in years. Keegan (of course) swam in my Aunt and Uncle's pool for over an hour and is exhausted. All this excitement this weekend has helped Keegan sleep for over eight hours straight the past two nights. It's fantastic!

Needless to say, after this weekend I am on a diet. I think that if I don't lose this baby weight before it gets cold out, it's never coming off. Just sayin'. So, I'm publicly announcing that I am officially dieting starting tomorrow! Hopefully that will give me some sort of accountability that if I break this diet, everyone will know :) HA.

So hold this girl accountable, PLEASE! Just about 10 lbs left to go, but those are THE HARDEST to lose!

I hope everyone had as fantastic of a weekend as we did over here.

I also hope that I lose some of this weight soon because I'm no good on a diet.

And, I hope that you'll pray for me as I prepare for my Property and Casualty/ Life and Health Insurance licensing tests... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment