Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Hi, I'm Mandy, and I've been such a slacker Blogger lately!

I have been such a slacker. Yes, we've been busy, but I realized today how quickly time goes by, and how I will miss these days. I should be recording more of our day to day so I can look back on it as time goes on!

Keegan and I just got back from Sparrow Hospital where we were visiting our friends Sean and Mikenna, who just had their DARLING baby boy, Roan. It's crazy how tiny he seemed. Even though he's TWO POUNDS heavier than Keegan was when he was born- I already forgot how tiny he really was back on April 25. I love him more and more every day, but today really put it into perspective how QUICKLY time flies, and how quickly my baby is ALREADY growing up!

I want to treasure every minute I have with him.

Now, to update:

Last Thursday we went to the hospital for Keegan's swallow study. I was please to hear that he DOES have a swallowing dysfunction (I know, weird that I'm pleased, but I'm just glad to finally have an answer to what's making him uncomfortable). Essentially his epiglottis doesn't have time to close fully, so he ends up choking quite frequently. The treatment:


We have to add this to his bottles.

Unfortunately this treatment means we will be cutting back on the breast feeding. It's sad because it feels like he's really growing up. But, breast milk is not thick enough for him, and he tends to choke on that too, so I want him safe and healthy, so we do what we can. I will still nurse him a couple times a day- mostly because I'm not ready to give it up totally, but hopefully he'll continue to get some relief. It seems to be helping so far!

This Sunday we took Keegan to the church nursery for the first time... Now that his feet are big enough for newborn shoes (Ha, he is so tiny still), we dressed him up for his first time at big kid church. New shoes and all.



Of course, just like they've said at day-care, Keegan did great. He's an easy baby, and a good boy. He's been having half-time day care three days a week for the past week. He's doing great, and I'm easing into taking him to day care a little more.

There's so much at work in Kris and my life right now- it's incredible to see God's provision. I can't go into details just yet, but I just have to give glory where glory is due, and let everyone know how much God is working in our lives right now. It's awesome. Isn't it incredible how we try to control our lives, and try so hard to get OUR way, but when God takes control it always works out? Not necessarily how WE would do it, but it always works out so that we can look back and say, "Wow, that was SO God."

On that note, please continue to pray that God will bring a buyer to our house. Whenever we do get our house sold, I think we've finally decided that we will get into something temporary, like a rental or lease, until we feel like God's directed us wherever it is that He wants us to be.

Enjoy your day, everyone! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment