Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Our FIRST FOURTH of July Weekend as a Family!

This was a phenomenal weekend. Definitely worth documenting.

On Saturday we headed up to my parent's property on Stoney Lake up in New Era. It's a couple hours away, and just around the corner from Silver Lake (if you're familiar with West Michigan at all I'm sure you've heard of Silver Lake!). There is a Country Dairy up there, and they were having an Ice Cream Social with FREE ICE CREAM the whole day, and they have fresh burgers and everything like that. They had a cow nursery with baby cows being born (I know, sick, right?!) and a little store.

It. Was. Packed.

My mom said it's gotten busier and busier every year. That was our first time. Needless to say, it was a good time, but I think next year I'm willing to pay for my scoop of ice cream to go on another day when it isn't so busy :) Ha. I don't know how I ever lived anywhere with traffic-I hate waiting.

Keegan and his Pappy seeing the cows (He wasn't really feeling them too much :)

Keegan and Grammy standing in line for Ice Cream. He was SO good this whole time!

After that we headed over to the petting zoo and Farm Market. It was a hot day. I have to say, he wasn't really loving that either. He was steamy and just wanted to hang out in the cold car. But it was fun for us grown ups! Kris is kind of an animal fanatic, so he loved it the most probably :) Ha.

Here's our new yearly family picture so we can see how we grow...



Hopefully Kris and I won't grow too much, and just our family size and our kids. Can I get an amen?! Actually, hopefully this mommy doesn't just stay the same, hopefully this mommy shrinks a little bit in next year's picture!!!

Then we lounged around, just our family, on Sunday. We finally went to church for the first time in 2 weeks. It's crazy how you can so easily skip out on something so incredible and important. We've never NOT gotten something wonderful when we go to Riverview. We WILL try to go more consistently... EVEN DURING THE SUMMER (holding myself accountable by posting it on the internet!).

We've been going on lots of walks, and feel like Keegan is finally big enough to sit in the jogging stroller... and he ADORES it! We have the City Mini Single Stroller, and I just ADORE it, too. I want to start setting a dollar or two aside every week so that by the time we have another baby I can afford to get the double stroller! It's the best stroller EVER. EVER... Just ask Keegan:



Yesterday on the Forth we went to my Dad's cottage in Brooklyn (yup, by the Speedway) on Lake Columbia. It was a great time with all SORTS of family (all but my cousin, Kevin!). My wonderful cousin Melissa came home from France two days before, so it was SO great to catch up after not seeing her since CHRISTMAS! What?! We had great food, and great company.

Plus, Keegan went swimming for the first time! I don't know why I was shocked that he loved it so much, since bath time is his favorite. But here are some pictures... The next Michael Phelps! HA!




Having SUCH a good time with his Auntie M!  

Love this family of mine so much. Many more fantastic holiday's to come!

Well, that was our weekend, and I hope that everyone else had fantastic weekend's as well. Please pray for us! Tomorrow we're doing our first day care trial run. Not going to lie... I may have already cried twice today. Once when we dropped off his registration papers and then tonight just before blogging. He's only going for a half day, but that's the longest I've ever been away from Keegan! My little best friend!

I will update soon about how my son is now an avid (ha) swimmer after his time at the lake. We may or may not have gone out and bought a kiddie pool but because the hose water didn't warm up enough went "swimming" together in the big bathtub this afternoon... See, I TOLD you we're best friends. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment