Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Aldi: Take One

I went to Aldi today for the first time... We've started doing Dave Ramsey, and so I'm working really hard to stay below our grocery budget. I still needed quite a bit for the things I was making for Thanksgiving tomorrow so I decided to swing by our local Aldi first, and finish at Walmart...

I'm pretty sure they should have a course on how to shop at Aldi. I had my arms full with a wiggly boy and his stuffed bull dog, a diaper bag, my purse and shopping list. I went to get the cart and to my amazement they cost a quarter.

What?!

No debit cards?!

Haha. It was my lucky day, though: there was a middle aged man who had tried to put his cart back, but couldn't figure it out so he was nice and snuck it to me. Woot woot!!!

So away we went...

I definitely will continue to shop at Aldi. I got almost everything on my list for $16!!!

I did have to BUY a reusable bag, though. I was unaware that they don't provide you with bags (again: a course on shopping at Aldi couldn't hurt).

But anyway, overall I was pleased.

I'm not quite sure why, but Keegan ADORED it. He greeted everyone we passed, and cheered at everything he saw up and down the aisles. At some points he even sounded like he was going to hyperventilate!

By the time we got to Walmart, I was pretty sure this was Keegan's dream day (he LOVES grocery shopping). By the time we reached the back of Walmart Keegan started Eskimo kissing me and hugging me really tight.

Who knew being frugal could be so much fun?!?! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment