Monday, August 6, 2012

This is our temporary home

That Carrie Underwood has been the theme song playing round and round in my head the last week and a half. We have an absolutely ginormous change going on: we're moving.

We've kept it quiet because we wanted to be sure before we announced it because well,- as we all know things fall through all the time.

We decided to lease our house out. The building in our neighborhood has picked up like crazy- and we're confident that in a couple years once this is full it'll be much easier to sell... Or maybe we'll move back- who knows.

We're leasing to a family who's here for work. In fact- they are even going to be finishing our basement (remember my last post- "The God who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine?").

Anyway- we're moving... And FAST. We have to be out of here in two days. And not only is it stressful (thus the reason I'm typing this at 4:00AM), but it is EMOTIONAL. This has been the type of thing that we have been praying for- and so I'm surprised at how emotional and somewhat heartbreaking it feels.

This is our home- I've put my heart and soul into making this house our home. I am going to miss everything about it. I am going to miss the location, the design, and Keegan's nursery tremendously. This is where I lost a baby, and where I brought my first born home from the hospital. This is the first home that Kris and I learned how to be married in. And now I'm a crying mess early in the morning because I already feel homesick.

Since we are moving so quickly we are leasing out a little house over on the Holt/Lansing border. It's fine. Nothing to write home about- but definitely serves its purpose. We will lease for a little less than a year and then decide where to next. Thus the theme song for the week: Temporary Home by Carrie Underwood.

I'm shocked how absolutely emotional and physically ill I feel at the thought of leaving. But it is time to buckle down and do what we're going to do and not regret any of the choices we make. But will you pray for us? Will you pray for my heart- and for a smooth transition for Kris, Keegan and the dogs, too (ha- Henry has anxiety so this is going to drive him bonkers!).

There we go.

When we make changes we like to make them all at once. The last year of changes (2009) we got married, bought a house (moved over an hour away), and I started a new job.

Kris just started his new job at Coke- and this is his first week on the job by himself... So he can't really take any time off to move. So I am going to be doing a lot of the brunt work- and hiring movers :)

Thanks in advance for your prayers. And thanks to anyone who has to ear with my emotions over the next couple of weeks of transition, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment