Thursday, August 16, 2012

Keegan's Update and I'm an Infomercial Sucker

So many random things to touch on!

Let's start with an update on Keegan Michael, and then I'll go from there.

Keegan is still a very little boy. We weighed him this week on our home scale, and it's showing him at 21.5 lbs... However, ours shows 1 pound heavier than my doctor's office scale- so maybe he's just 20.5 lbs? I don't know. I just know he's little for his age- but completely healthy!

He is FUNNY, too. His vocabulary is booming. He's repeating things after us all the time. This morning when we came downstairs he got excited. I said, "Say, 'good morning house!'" and Keegan repeated, "HOUSE." His new thing, too, is to ask for a hot dog all the time. When we ask, "Keegan, do you want some breakfast/lunch/dinner/snack?" He answers, "Hot dog." I promise- we don't just feed him hot dogs! He maybe has 2 or so a week- but apparently they are his favorite.

He's also started asking what everything is. If he's being naughty and into something he knows he shouldn't- I say, "Keegan Michael, what are you doing?" and he replies, "What is it?!" It's so cool to experience him growing up. He is such an incredible little man.

However, I will say that he's started throwing tantrums. He has become much more whiny.Which I do not like. He throws his entire body on the ground and has a total melt down. Also, grocery shopping is no longer a fun time with him since he has started recognizing things on the shelves. He gets VERY upset when I put things in the cart- it's hysterical because it's almost like he thinks I'm purposefully teasing him and taunting him with food that he can't have yet. HA!

And here's a HUGE update: KEEGAN PEE'S ON THE POTTY! About once per day. Before bath time. He doesn't do it on his own. But we are starting to get him accustomed to it so (hopefully) potty training will come easy in a few months.

OH and here's Keegan's new favorite:


We bought this book as a gift for my sister's baby shower- and got a copy for Keegan too. I think I almost have it memorized because he wants me to read it ALL THE TIME. He walks to his room, right over to this book and hands it to me. He sits and excitedly listens to each word. He loves the pictures. I think this may be the funniest children's book EVER.

Pretty much it explains that dinosaurs went extinct because they started fighting over underpants... HA! SO funny.

Kris is adjusting to his new job and really starting to love it. He works a lot of early mornings- but we are SO proud of him. What a guy.

Okay- and now for me to share how I'm SUCH a sucker...

Last month I bought something off an infomercial. I actually felt that I NEEDED to buy the Jane Seymour Natural Advantage Skin Care line. I couldn't believe I did it... but now- I have to say, I'm so glad I did. I was starting to get pretty bad wrinkles on my forehead and it made me nervous. I'm only 25- I shouldn't be going grey AND wrinkling ALREADY!!!!




And let me tell you. It actually works. I took a before photo which I'm not going to share because it was that nasty- and an after photo. Kris and I both agree it really works and reduced my wrinkles a ton. I think I finally look 25 again! HA! Needless to say, I think it's a luxury that I will continue to use for a while. I figure it's less expensive to preventatively care for my skin rather than have to get a facelift when I'm sixty! :)

Oh and another new thing that we're doing: we're working really hard on saving money. God has given us a great opportunity to do that while we're in the house, so one of the way's we're doing that is by MENU PLANNING each week. We want to cut back our grocery/food bill- and eating out/take out really adds up. It's actually kind of fun! I plan a menu out for the week, and then we only grocery shop once a week instead of a couple times. It's a good feeling. But we're only on the 2nd week and I'm already have a hard time recalling meals and/or diversifying our menu. I definitely don't want to rotate the same 7 meals over and over and over.

If you have an easy/inexpensive favorite recipe to add into our options- please share! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment