Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Three years ago yesterday...

Three years ago yesterday I married my BEST friend. EVER.

I started thinking recently about how I can hardly remember life without him. And I so don't even want to because he made life that much better. Never in my life had I met someone who I had such natural chemistry with. I'd never met anyone who made me feel as special as my husband makes me feel. He's so patient with me. I'm lucky.

It dawned on me- even more so- during our recent move: I've developed OCD in regards to little things around my house. For instance- folding towels in our bathroom. Fold it hot dog style like a hotel and then half way, half way, and VOILA! Perfectly folded towels. My husband literally learned how to fold towels for me.

And you know what he did a couple weeks ago? We use microfiber towels (you know- the bright yellow ones typically used to clean cars?) around our house for everything. I wash them about once a week. While we were folding them a couple of weeks ago, he asked, "Is there any way I should be folding these?" I explained that I like the fold all facing the same way for some uniformity. I felt stupid and silly saying that- but it was true. I would have gone and fixed them later if they weren't!

Instead of telling me I was ridiculous or stupid, Kris' response was, "Well, control what you can control I guess."

Really?

I've got a good man.



Kristopher,

Thank you for not making me feel ridiculous. Thank you for understanding who I am- but not just understanding it- but loving me for it.

Thank you for working so hard. We are so proud of you.

Thank you for still making me laugh really hard almost every single day. :)

You're the best husband and father.

We love you.

Your bride and your first born




No comments:

Post a Comment