Friday, August 10, 2012

Settling In, and Feeling Good

Well, well, well...

First, let me clarify my last blog post. My sweet husband laughed after my last extremely emotional post about moving because he said it made it sound like we were broke and forced to leave our house- so for the sake of my husband's pride- let me clarify that we are not broke, nor were we forced to leave our house. Rather- we've been really convicted to start living life in a manner worthy of the calling of Christ.

Is there anything wrong with nice things? No.

But is it wrong to surround yourself so much with nice things that it would be easy for your children to think that's all that matters? Absolutely.

So we are trying to make good choices. We're trying to be better stewards of our money and change our priorities. And it is a process and a change, but already quite an adventure.

Miraculously we have been able to fit almost all of our furniture from our 2400+ sq ft house into our new little 1300+ square foot house. And it kind of feels like a little doll house inside.

It was kind of dirty but with lots of cleaning (ha- and by lots I mean- hi, my name is Mandy and I'm a neat freak) and organizing it's becoming more and more comfortable. And we are actually kind of loving it.

Anyway- hoping we can finish settling in this weekend. Daddy has a honey do list for while Keegy Peegy and I are at my sister's baby shower tomorrow. She is due SO soon... I think about it and I get an excited nervous feeling because I just can't wait to meet my little Cohey Boo Bear Nephew Boy.

I'll do a post tomorrow just with photos of the shower... And then once our house is finally together I will do a little tour of our new house!

Enjoy your weekend! I know we will! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment