Monday, July 23, 2012

Immeasurably more...

I've been really working hard at trying to read my Bible more the past couple of weeks. My anxiety has gotten a lot worse over the past couple of months- so I know that I need to focus more on Who exactly it is that I have on my side.

I've been reading through Ephesians, and I've realized that I often disregard the fact that I have THE God of the entire universe on my side. That the same power that raised Jesus from the dead is on my side. The same power that created EVERYTHING in Heaven and on earth is the same God that I proclaim my "faith" in... But He's the same God that I frequently slap in the face through my distrust and doubts. Through my lack of confidence in His ultimate plan and my attempts to control EVERYTHING!

It finally just hit me: regardless of my efforts, ultimately, if it's not GOD'S time- it's not going to happen.

I've been trying so hard bending over backwards to try and get my house sold for an entire year and a half now. That has been so draining for me. But- why don't I have confidence that God will continue to provide- that He is working all the little puzzle pieces of our lives together to guide our family exactly where He wants us.

I started praying over Ephesians 3:20, "Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us,"

I started asking God to do immeasurably more than all I ask or even imagine... In regards to the house situation, in regards to my family, finances and even within my own anxiety ridden heart.

And do you know what?

He has.

When we ask God- He listens and He answers. Especially when I don't put Him in a box and tell Him how to do His job. My mother in law put it nicely: "You want to hear God laugh? Tell Him your long term plan."

Anyway, I am so human and so trying hard to live life contentedly and peacefully and trusting in God's plan. I hope the same for you, because wouldn't the world be a better place if we did?!



No comments:

Post a Comment