Friday, April 13, 2012

Oh belly, my belly

Well, I'm waiting for room service to deliver my grilles cheese, carrots and mandarin oranges. My first meal in over 48 hours...

I came to the hospital Wednesday night after two hours of sharp pain in my right side. After lots of tests, the CT scan finally showed early appendicitis . They were gonna rush me to surgery, but the surgeon was questioning the CT scan. I had test after test and they've poked and prodded.

They've had me on an antibiotic drop to try and reduce any inflammation of the appendix, and have been trying to find whatever else may be causing pain.

So far I'm finally starting to feel better. I'm off of morphine and my IV drip all together. I took a shower and my nurse came in smiling. "I've got GREAT news!" she told me. She knew I was getting frustrated. They are finally giving me a regular diet, and they are probably going to be discharging me in the morning... Lord willing!

I miss Keegan and Kris. So badly. But praise God for FaceTime- and thank you, Apple. I love those two so much and miss seeing their faces tremendously!

Please keep praying for a quick recovery and that I can come home tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment