Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Karolkiewicz Daily: Week 1

This has been a pretty great week. I've had so much quality time with ALL of my boys, and my heart is SO FULL now. What a great way to re-charge! :)

Here's my first re-cap of Karolkiewicz Daily 2014- Week one:

Day 1: New Years Day- Rose Bowl Day. Victory of M-S-U!!!

Day 2: One of my college roommates, Jacque, is a world traveler. After college she joined the Peace Corps and lived in Ukraine for a couple years, then moved to Oman to teach English, and has now settled with her love in Norway. Who lives like that?! My dear, adventurous friend. And she came home for a few (surprise) weeks over the holidays. So nice to grab drinks and dinner with her and another old friend from college!

Day 3: The boy's last day of school at Happy Elephant! We loved them. They were wonderful. However, it's so hard getting them out and about in the snowy mornings, and Bennett is so much more of a homebody than Keegan was. Praying he does much better at home with the nanny than he did at "school"... and praying Keegy adjusts to not having a crowd of people around to entertain him all the time :)

Day 4: Our friends, Alex, Hannah and Carly came over on Saturday night for drinks and a good time. Keegan loved Hannah's boots and enjoyed himself once he got them on... After he finally got over having to share his toys/booster seat with Carly.. Two is FUN sometimes!!! Ha!


Day 5: Snowed in on Sunday. It continued to snow all day long. Here is Keegan playing "cars" with his brother. Love seeing them start to interact and play together.


Day 6: First Snow day of the week! Our babysitter/nanny couldn't get here because of the weather. Keegan loves Despicable Me 2- and Bennett LOVES himself some baby food. Such a sweet, sweet day.
 
Day 7: We got another snow day today! SO MUCH FUN. Keegan and Bennett "pretended to sleep" in Keegan's bed. And Keegan even said, "Okay, Mom. I want to read him a story. Once upon a time..." So precious.
 
Seriously, these few days have been so wonderful for me. I just love my boys with all my heart. Maternity leave was so hard for me- having a newborn and a toddler is HARD. Now that Bennett is getting older, it's getting more and more fun. Can't believe we get to raise them.
 
One week down, 51 more to go. So far, so good :)

No comments:

Post a Comment