Tuesday, December 10, 2013

The Birthday Girl

So look how I fell off the bandwagon already. Isn't that just what happens over the holidays, though? I'm getting a little better- it was just a month or so since my last blog, so this is an improvement from my last absence... Baby steps, right?!

I left off just before my birthday. I was spoiled this year. I think this was one of my best birthdays by far.

My sweet and incredible baker friend, Rhonda, from work baked me the BEST carrot cake cupcakes with homemade cream cheese frosting... so that's always good...

And then while I was at work this bouquet was delivered from my dad and step-mom to be:


I have never be given an Edible Arrangement... SO DELISH! What a treat. And I didn't feel too bad eating it, because at least the chocolate was covering fruit, right?

My mom wasn't initially going to babysit on my birthday, but because of scheduling conflicts for both of us it just so happened to work out that way. This is the second year in a row that she's been with my boys on my birthday, and it's been the second year in a row that she had a big celebration waiting for me when I got home from work. So special to walk in and feel so loved!

She had banners hanging up, and this cake was waiting:


And she even had party hats for all four of us to have with dinner! Keegan especially enjoyed his pirate apparel:



I may be spoiled and require my mom to baby sit every birthday work day in the future now!

We had filets for dinner (made at home- but I'm kind of insanely good at cooking them, so they're now my favorite- so modest, I know)... And then cake and tirimisu for dessert... Then I was gifted some of my favorite gifts ever.

I have used these boots more than I thought would be humanly possible in the past month:


I mentioned to Kris that I wanted wellies and he thought I was nuts. He gave me a look like I was some kind of crazy... THEN he saw an advertisement in one of his Forbes magazines of Paul Mitchell- and his wife was wearing the shiny black Hunter Wellies... And he finally saw why I said they were stylin'. And they are. And they are warm and keep me dry. And I love them so much. Okay, really, Mandy?! They're boots! Calm down!

And then I got the most special gift that I've gotten yet. This was the first gift that Keegan picked out. He kept it a secret from me from Saturday until Wednesday... Right up until Kris was handing me the gift. Keegan shouted in excitement: "OPEN THIS ONE! IT'S A NECKLACE!" So precious.



Keegan picked out the chain out of all the chains at Medawar's. Kris picked out the two charms with both of the boys birthstones, and Keegan picked out the pendant. Finally I have a necklace with BOTH of my boys names on it. I had a "Keegan" necklace for the longest time, and now I'm thrilled to have one with both precious names on it. They are so wonderful and sweet to me, I love the constant reminder of God's grace in entrusting them to me and Kris.

So far 27 has been full of laughter, and grace and so much fun. I'm so blessed to have the awesome husband and family I have, and the incredible friends and co-workers I've been given. Birthday celebrations are fun and all, but the whole past month has been a total reminder of why I'm so grateful for every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment