Saturday, December 14, 2013

The Best Saturday

Kris has been traveling quite a bit this month for work, so the time we have together has become even more special. Keegan was missing his dad BIG-TIME on Friday, so we were definitely all ready for today to come so we could spend some good quality time with Daddy.

Today was so wonderful.

Bennett slept twelve hours through the night last night, and so did I. Kris let me sleep in, and got up with the boys this morning. I don't remember the last time I felt so refreshed! I even got my workout in today (that's another blog post for another time. I'm currently participating in a Beach Body Challenge group for the month), which has been something I've been striving to do, but with Kris gone it seems about 10x harder to actually do it. Being a "single" parent is hard. I have such admiration for people that do it on their own- because I have realized how much we work as a team just in the little day to day stuff in our home.

This morning Bennett was ALL smiles:


He even took a two hour nap in his crib mid-morning... which if you know Bennett, you know this is incredible. He is a cat-napper all the way. But he's also a definite homebody who does much better in his normal atmosphere with his mom so today resulted in some good sleep :) I'm kind of popular around these parts!




Even Keegan took an AWESOME nap this afternoon. And by awesome, I mean UN-heard-of and insane. He slept for FOUR HOURS. I kept not wanting to wake him because he obviously needed it. It was glorious.

I spent the afternoon (finally) addressing Christmas cards... took me long enough! This is the latest in the year that I've even sent them out. It has just been a busy season (that's an understatement), and a season of adjustment. Learning how to do things alone during the week with two babies is definitely brain-scattering for me.

But they're done and will be on their way Monday morning... And I got to watch this cute nap taking place while I worked:


 Yes, my husband was sleeping like that. So uncomfortable, but this picture was way too cute not to take a photo of. They are both wonderful. All three of my men were sleeping soundly at the same time. I'll take it :)

After our 4 hour napping adventure, we decided to venture out in the snow. We have been craving some greek salad's from Zeus' Coney Island... which was my FAVORITE when I was pregnant with Bennett, and we haven't had it since. And I will tell you what... it did NOT disappoint.

We started out with a little saganaki, and some lemon rice soup and finished up with the best greek salad with homemade greek dressing you've ever had (and extra beets and chickpeas for me!)...

And check out Benny-boy in his sweet little hat:

Is he delicious or what?!!?!? 

And he ended up being the nicest boy ever the whole evening. He laughed and talked, and even smiled at an older woman sitting behind us. What a muff. It warms my heart to see his personality start developing, and it warms me even more when I see he's becoming friendly.


And is this not another adorable photo of a little boy spending some much needed time with his daddy? I took this photo right when Keegan was instructing daddy to draw him a cheese sandwich... Seriously. HA! This boy is one of the funniest and sweetest kids I've ever met. AND I gave birth to him, which is even cooler! Ha!

 And then we did something that I swore I'd never do...

I have avoided it for two and a half years... but we had to get to the mall tonight to get Kris a sport coat for a big district meeting this week, and while we were walking around, Bennett needed a bottle. THIS is where we ended up:



That is definitely the play area at the mall.  That germ infested trap that I've avoided for so long was actually Keegan's paradise. And it was surprisingly not as dirty (at least in appearance) as I imagined. He was able to run, play and climb for a good 25 minutes. It is always so fun to watch him interact with other children. At one point a little girl was following him around trying to hug him while Keegan side-eyed her and finally crept over to me trying to push her away. SO FUNNY.

We had an awesome day as a family. It's always so pleasant when both boys are nice. We have been praising the Lord all day for the incredible time together, and the sweetness that has been radiating from both of our boys today.

I hope YOU had the best Saturday too!



No comments:

Post a Comment