Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Christmas Cookies: Finaaallyyy

Okay, dramatic, I know.

But I kid you not, I've screwed up sugar cookies every time. I just resorted to pre-cut frozen ones from Gordon's for the past few years because I've made such a mess in the past.

I cried the year I was pregnant with Keegan. I couldn't make Christmas cookies and I burned the banana bread, okay?!?!? What kind of mom was I going to be?!

Well this year, for the first time- I was the mom who made homemade Christmas cookies. And frosting.

And they are delicious.

Thank you Rhonda (my incredible baker friend who I think I will reference in a million posts on my blog when all is said and done) for the recipe of the most incredible sugar cookies I've ever had.

The frosting has a stick of butter, 1/2 a stick of Crisco, 4 cups of powdered sugar, vanilla AND almond extract... how can it NOT be good?! Kris agreed they were the best Christmas cookies he's ever had, and Keegan ate one for dinner the night we decorated them (in retrospect I guess we should have decorated them AFTER dinner and not before...).

So if you need a great cookie recipe, I'm your gal. I want to be that girl that you talk about my incredible cookies behind my back... and to my face. Ha!

See, they turned out perfect and so festive!

No comments:

Post a Comment