Monday, April 29, 2013

We like, we like to party!

This year we decided to lay low for Keegan's birthday. We had a rip-roaring big family party (all FOUR sides!) last year, and when you have that big of a family, it's a LOT of work...

Well worth it, but a LOT of work. But, it must be my pregnant exhaustion and dread, but I reallyyyy wanted to just celebrate my favorite 2 year old boy!

Today we decided to celebrate Keegan all day- starting from the moment he woke up!

I surprised him with helium balloons in the morning (he's a balloon monster, especially when we're grocery shopping), and a sprinkle donut for breakfast to in which we lit a candle and I sang him Happy Birthday.



He's been saying, "I two, Mommy!" and it is the CUTEST thing ever.

We then met Daddy for lunch at Chuck E. Cheese. This was Keegan's first time- I haven't gone since I was a little kid, and it was soooo not what I remembered! But Keegy LOVED it. It was so much fun because we had the place to ourselves the whole time. He played lots of games and won tickets and even high fives Chuck E.





He took a GREAT nap and ended up talking to lots of family and friends on the phone, and I read him all sorts of messages and cards for him. He felt SO special!

Keegan requested Tacos for his birthday dinner. So I hit up Taco Bell and we split them on our plates and all enjoyed! For dessert he requested "pie", by which he specifically meant the Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie from Grand Traverse Pie Company... What can I say, the boys got great taste! :) mmm!

Kris and I gave him the Elefun game for his gift. Bless his little heart: he loves it, but loves the cleaning up portion of it the most! He lets all the butterflies onto the floor and says, "A mess! Oh no. Pit out (pick up)! Tean out (clean up), Mommy!" He rushes to pick up all the butterflies (laughing) and starts over again. He also calls the elephant his "Robot." Who knew one little game would be such a hit for none of the intended reasons?!?! Ha!



On top of all this excitement, almost ALL of Keegan's big boy bed was delivered today. We are still working on the room: it may take another week or so until it's ready for his big "reveal." We're definitely pulling a dream home makeover and keeping it a secret from him until it's done.

I really wanted this day to be special. I want him to look forward too his birthday and understand that it's a day to celebrate him. Plus, this will be his last birthday as an only child and I so wanted him to enjoy the full attention of both his mommy and daddy.

Keegan Michael is the joy in my life. I thank God every day for entrusting him to Kris and I. I can't believe he's our son, but boy am I glad he is.

No comments:

Post a Comment