Monday, June 27, 2011

Teething, Sleeping and getting SO big!

Well, I think it's safe to say that Keegan must read my blog, and want to prove me wrong if I say something he doesn't like... :)

The same night I posted my last blog with his two month update, and stated that the longest he's slept was 5 hours, but that we're more on an 3-4 hour stretch schedule, he decided to prove me wrong, and slept clear through the night. He fell asleep at 10:40pm, and then didn't wake up until 5:40am! THEN, I fed him, laid him back down, and he slept another 3 hours! Needless to say, he felt great that next day.

I won't lie, I didn't want to post that he slept through the night because I didn't want to jinx it- just like when I updated on how good of a napper he was- suddenly that phase passed and he became a disaster to lay down. I wanted to wait and see if the sleeping would continue- and so far we've had three night's straight with 7 hour stretches! GO KEEGY!



I know, I know- controversial. He normally sleeps in his own bed next to ours- but he had been fussing, so I had been snuggling him back to sleep. Plus, he sleeps better on his side and belly because of his acid reflux... so no need to tell me that "back is best" or that he should be in his own bed :)


Also, what's insane, is that I think my little tiny baby may already be starting to teeth. Two months old! He's become much fussier, and he's starting to drool so much- he has one little white dot on his bottom gum. WOW. I asked my grandma-in-law if she knew if there was a history of early teeth in THEIR side of the family (since the soonest either my sister or I started teething as 4 months old) and she told me that my father-in-law had 5 teeth by 5 months old! She said she even pulled a tooth out of his mouth when he was a baby because she didn't know what it was- she just "knew" it wouldn't be a tooth. Ha!

Today Keegan and I checked out a daycare that's right over by both Kris and my work's. I didn't think I'd like it- but it was the closest... and I have to say, I actually felt very comfortable with it! He'll be going to Happy Elephant... NO, I didn't pick it just because I thought the name was cute (even though it is)!

What's awesome is the COST... It's only $4.00 an hour! Woo hoo! We will be saving a lot of money, plus isn't probably only 3 minutes from my work, so I'll get to visit on my lunch breaks- plus it's literally RIGHT on my way, so I won't have to use a lot of extra gas to drop him off on the few days he's there every week. Praise the Lord! That lifted such a weight off of my shoulders... Finding a decent daycare for a low cost was one of the most heart wrenching and stressful things to do!

Anyway, off for a walk with ALL my boys (Kris, Keegan, Henry and Tyler!). Lately we've just been sitting Keegan in the front facing big-kid stroller and strapping him in because he hates his car seat so much... he LOVES it! What a big boy...

No comments:

Post a Comment