Monday, April 11, 2011

Gearin' Up

Welp, this has been a great couple of days. I had to work on Saturday, but had decided a while back to take today and tomorrow off of work to wrap up on some last minutes things for me, Kris and the dogs before all the huge changes that come with the arrival of baby Keegan. We've been busy, though. I'm cooking like crazy, freezing leftovers, taking the dogs to the vet for shots so we can take them to the kennel while we're at the hospital, and doctor's appointments. Lot's of busy work, but it's all worth it in the end! :)

We recently recieved the cutest little sleep gowns as a gift. They're all organic, and SO soft and cozy. The sleeves fold over so that Keegan will not be able to scratch his face. They're not exactly like this one, but I think the one's we recieved were discontinued, so this is the same brand (Tadpole) just a different look. OURS are grey, with blue trim and have a sweet little blue bear on the front that says, "Cute Little Bear":

So cozy! I wish that I could snuggle up in one of these. They're so cozy and soft. I have one of them packed in our hospital bag so Keegan can wear it while we lounge around Sparrow for a couple of days.

I've continued to cook like crazy. My lucky, lucky husband! :) Ha! I think because we're starting to eat so much at home, it's helping me out on the scale! Its so easy to forget about all the empty calories that you consume at a restaurant or when you get carry out! Amazingly, at the doctor today I was down a pound from last Wednesday... Woot, woot!

Tonight's dinner was Baked Chicken Spaghetti Casserole... and it was DELICIOUS!


Here's the recipe for anyone that might be interested:

INGREDIENTS:5 tablespoons margarine
1 2/3 cup celery,chopped
1 2/3 cup onion ,chopped
1 1/4 cup green pepper,chopped
1 2/3 teaspoon flour
2 1/2 cups chicken broth
1 2/3 cup milk
1 2/3 can cream of mushroom soup
black pepper
3 1/3 cups chicken breast cooked and cubed
20 ounces spaghetti cooked and drained
1 2/3 cup mexican blend cheese ,shredded
buttered cracker crumbs

PREPARATION:Cook celery, onion and green pepper in margarine. Stir in flour, chicken broth and milk , cook until thickened and bubbley. Add mushroom soup.
In a 9x13 baking dish layer each of the sauce and spaghetti. Repeat layers again. Top with cheese and cracker crumbs.
Bake at 325F for 45 min or until bubbly.

Just one little prayer request: today at the doctor they measured Keegan. He's actually measuring small (like a couple of weeks behind). The doctor said that it's okay, but as a mom-to-be I can't help but be a little concerned. Hopefully that just means that I'll get that 6lb-something-oz baby I was hoping for, and that other than that, he'll be strong and healthy! Just continue to pray for a healthy little mister, and for patience for ME as I start itching to have this boy born.

1 comment:

  1. I love gowns!! Our boys still wear them to bed. They're the best in the middle of the night and you have to do a diaper change. No one wants to have to mess with a bunch of snaps at two in the morning.

    I'll include little Keegan in my prayers, but I'm sure he's a strong little man. :-)

    ReplyDelete