Thursday, April 7, 2011

36 Weeks/4= NINE MONTHS PREGNANT

Isn't that crazy?! When you think about the time table, I know you're pregnant a lot longer than nine months, but sheesh. That's nuts!

This has been a great week. I had a weekend of doing NOTHING with my husband, and it was phenomenal. I had a prenatal massage and pedicure at Zoe Spa here in Lansing as a gift (for no reason!) from my husband. What a great surprise (he is absolutely the BEST). I SO enjoyed it... however, before heading into the spa, I found out that my cousin, Ellen, was in labor! Her baby wasn't due until April 11, so he was a little early, but I have to say, my day at the spa was a lot less relaxing than I thought because I had my phone out the whole time and was constantly checking Facebook for updates!

Shortly after, Parker Thomas was born- and he is a beauty!!! It makes me so stinking excited to have this baby. I have to say, Ellen is another example of quick labors on my mom's side of the family. I PRAY that I follow that trend! :) I just don't know how I would manage a really long one (now, because I'm putting that on the record I will be in labor for 24 hours!).

And I have to say, I think I'm starting to nest. Yes, I've been decorating at cleaning, but that's been most of my pregnancy that I've been doing that. What I have not been doing consistently is cooking. In fact, we joked around the other week that I think I've only cooked like, 2 meals since I got pregnant. My poor husband! BUT, that lucky duck has been getting home made dinners every night this week! From Chicken Stuffing Casserole to Chicken A La King, and now... when he gets home from class, he is in for a treat.... I made for the first time today: HOMEMADE ENCHILADAS! Absolutely delish!!!!



I follow another woman's blog, and she recently had another baby. She posted that one thing she did for while she was at the hospital, was have fancy sugar cookies made to pass out to the nurses as a "thank you." I thought it was a phenomenal idea, but since I cannot afford/do not feel like spending a load of money on fancy cookies, I bought a kit to make my OWN fancy sugar cookies, that I wrapped up in little clear bags and tied curly ribbon bows on them. These beauties are now in my freezer waiting for the perfect time to come out and thank the nurses for all their hard work:



Anyway, it's update time!



I'm 36 Weeks!

How Far Along: 36 Weeks Pregnant
 
Size of baby: He's about 18 1/2 inches long, and about 6lbs... Wow, that's a lot o' baby!
 
Total Weight Gain/Loss: Welp- this week it looks like I hit the good ol' 30lb mark... I think me and my jogging stroller will be best friends this summer!
 
Maternity Clothes: Mostly all maternity- all maternity pants, and some regular shirts.
 
Gender: My baby boy, Mr. Keegan Michael :)
 
Movement: Keegan is SO busy all the time. I know he's running out of room, and I can't help but wonder where else he will go! I will actually kind of miss always feeling him in my belly, though. 
 
Sleep: I've had SUCH trouble sleeping lately- no matter how many pillows I'm sleeping on, I am sore, and stuffy and keep getting acid reflux! All the among the frequent potty trips makes for one sleepy lady.
 
What I miss: Oh you know, just bending over, and not walking like I have saddle sore!
 
Cravings: Milk and Cadberry eggs, and homemade food! Ha! I guess after nine months of NOT COOKING, you'll start craving some nice homemade meals! :)
 
Symptoms: Sleepiness, sore joints and hips, sore boobs, acid reflux, pain in my pubic bone, a lot more shortness of breath... my sciatic has been acting up, and pregnancy brain big time...
 
Best Moment this week: My prenatal massage and pedicure... AND... Finding out my cousin welcomed her sweet boy into the world! That is SO exciting!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment