Thursday, December 29, 2011

One of our favorite dinners in a while...

Last night I perfected one of our favorite easy dinners. So much so, that I feel the need to document it so I can refer back to it. I'm not quite sure what fancy name I want to give this made up recipe, so I'll keep it simple and call it...

Black beans and Corn Bread:

Ingredients:
1 lb of ground turkey (or beef, I prefer turkey, though)
2/3 a cup of sweet red peppers (cut up)
1 tbs of cilantro
1 tsp of lemon pepper
1 package of Jiffy corn bread mix
1 large egg
1 can of corn
1/2 cup of skim milk
1 can of black beans
1/3 a cup of shredded mexican cheese

Directions:
Brown the ground turkey with the cilantro and lemon pepper. Remove from heat and throw in the sweet red peppers. Mix in the can of black beans. In a separate bowl, mix the milk, corn bread mix, egg, and the strained can of corn. In a pyrex dish, spread the turkey and been mixture on the bottom. Top with the corn bread mixture. Bake at 375 degrees for about 30-35 minutes until the cornbread is cooked. Top with shredded cheese and bake another 5 minutes or so until it's melted. Serve with sour cream and hot sauce.

Mmmm. We LOVE this. It's so darn quick too. And makes quite a bit, so we always have leftovers, which is always a favorite over here!

Along with this, I made my own little "Avocado Salad."

For it, all I did was slice the avocado, and drizzle with lemon juice, a tiny bit of honey, and then sprinkle with sea salt. It was the perfect side dish and so yum.

Anyway, nice job, Mandy. Now you have this documented so you can never wonder why it's not as good as that one time you made it in December. HA.

No comments:

Post a Comment