Tuesday, October 11, 2011

My son, the artist...

Okay so, maybe not an artist, but I am beaming with pride! Today I called Kris on my way home to let him know I'd be there soon. "Keegan has a surprise for you when you get here. He made you something at school," he teased...

I truly thought he had pooped through his clothes majorly and that was Kris' "funny" way of setting that up.

I came home and read the report card on the counter...

"Very happy today, and I squirmed and laughed very hard when they painted my feet!"

I turned to Kris, "What did he make?!" I nearly squealed realizing that he really did make something and that Daddy wasn't just setting me up for a bag of extremely poopy clothes, and looked around the counter for the craft.

Kris ended up directing me to the refrigerator where Baby's foot prints were proudly displayed... My heart melted and I nearly cried. Two little white footprints, upside down, with smiley faces on the heels to make Halloween ghosts... The most beautiful artwork I've ever seen!

My priorities have changes these past 5 and 1/2 months, and I couldn't be happier. I'm so proud of who I'm becoming as a mom, and an adult, and I'm even more proud of watching my husband develop into the true man of our house. As we speak Kris is at men's Bible study, Keegan is sleeping, and I am relaxing-relishing in the blessings that I so do not deserve but could not be more thankful for, and meditating on my amazing God who's given me more than I could have ever imagined. He is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment