Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Butternut Squash Lasagna... Only the best dinner EVER...

Since I'm home with Keegan more I've become much more experimental in the kitchen. Luckily we are no longer living off of take out and frozen chicken cordon blues from Meijer (though they still make an appearance every couple weeks).

Tonight I did my own spin on a fall recipe that I found on Pinterest, and it was incredible. Kris ate three pieces in the time it took me to eat one. Seriously, so good. I will warn, though, that it does take quite a bit of time to prepare bc there are a lot of steps.

But this meal is worth it. The next time I decide to make this I am just going to make a couple to freeze as well.

Ingredients:

1 butternut squash
2 cups of skim milk
1 stick of butter
1 tsp cornstarch
1/2 tsp chopped garlic
Big handful o' fresh spinach
Couple sage leaves, chopped
Sprinkle of cinnamon
Drizzle of honey
Dash of salt n' pepper
Wheat Lasagna noodles
Bag of shredded mozzarella
Bag of shredded parmesan

Bake the squash at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.

While it's baking make the cream sauce. Melt the stick of butter in sauce pan with garlic. Add milk. Once warmed stir in sage, salt and pepper and cornstarch. Once it thickens, add spinach.

Once the squash is cooked, spoon it into the blender, add a spit of milk to loosen it up, add a little honey and cinnamon and purée.

Layer the Noodles, cream sauce, cheese. Noodles, butternut squash, cheese. I, then, topped with noodles and cheese just so it looked finished.

You should have enough ingredients to have two layers of each.

Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment