Thursday, October 20, 2011

Curly ribbon crisis...

Today one of the many errands we ran was to Babies R Us- other than having to pick up some necessities for our family, I got the privilege to buy baby girl stuff for my friend Amy, who is expecting baby Addy's arrival in January (Keegan and I get to visit Kalamazoo on Sunday for her baby shower!).

Baby girl stuff is SO cute.

I bought sweet wrapping paper and couldn't wait to get that present packaged up pretty... I am an extreme perfectionist when it comes to wrapping gifts, and I wouldn't have it any other way... What's more thrilling than opening - or GIVING for that matter- a PERFECTLY WRAPPED GIFT?!

I am also a curly ribbon addict. All presents look 10x more appealing with loads and loads of tightly curled ribbon on top.

Tonight while Kris was at class, Keegan and I decided to indulge ourselves by wrapping baby Addy's gift a little early... I propped him in his walker, and he proceeded to excitedly watch mommy wrap the present- tape the edges, and tie lots and lots of ribbon around it. I pulled out the scissors and began to curl the ribbon on top of the present...

With each curl, Keegan let out an absolute SOB... I don't know what it was about it... The sound?! The motion?! Not to ruin the surprise of what your gift looks like, Amy, but, really Keegy?! Each curl?!

No comments:

Post a Comment