Monday, September 19, 2011

what's my problem?!

Why can't I be better about actually blogging? My whole goal is to document our lives at this point so that I can look back and see what we did during these sweet times in our lives. Why am I such a lame-o at blogging then?

I think it's probably similar to SO many things that we do in life. I am the QUEEN of putting things off because I make them to be so much more than they really are. I think of "having" to do things like blog, do my devotions, go grocery shopping, etc. But I actually LOVE doing all of the above. Why do I have such a tendency to dread things that I actually end up truly enjoying when all is said and done?! Ugh. Drives me nuts.

Anyway, this past weekend I decided on a family verse for our little Karolkiewicz family. I realized that when Keegan starts fussing my little catch-phrase (you know, the one that when I keep saying it while he's older I know he'll just roll his eyes and say, "ugh, mom") is "Joyful always!" So, needless to say, our family verse is now:

"Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." Thessalonians 5:16-18

Talk about a lot to live up to. But I am so thankful that I don't have to live up to anything. That if I strive to live like Christ- His grace is enough. He is sufficient enough, and like we've heard so much at Riverview the past few weeks, He will "Sustain you until the end." So thankful for that grace because I would far from measure up.

I'm so happy that fall is in full swing. I will admit, I am the first person to complain when it's cold out (so hopefully I can meditate on our new family verse enough to start giving thanks for the snow and cold, too:), so I'm really relishing in this in between weather. We made our first pot of chicken noodle soup last weekend- and it got me so much more excited for cooler weather and the fun and treats that come with it.

And can I just say, since my last post a week and a half ago, I swear- Keegan has grown SO much.


Mr. Cozy. Okay, I'm not going to lie. I've been making him wear his little baby jammies just a few more times before they absolutely can't squeeze into them anymore. This is one of his little gowns- I think his feet stick out at all times, but I just can't bear to put it away yet! :) Ha.


Seriously? From the last blog post and that picture of him in this jump up... Do you see that roll under his chin?! I really don't think that was there last week... My little chubby bunny baby boo boo!!! Seriously, this kid will eat SO much. He'll eat an entire tub of baby food with oatmeal/rice cereal in it, and then cry until we give him a bowl of applesauce with oatmeal and then top all of that off with a few ounces of formula. He goes to the doctor on Wednesday to make sure his double ear infection is gone (yup, after his THIRD round of antibiotics... ugh), so I'll be excited to see how much he weighs. He still wasn't 14lbs last week, and he's ALMOST 5 months old, so I'm hopin' we break the 14 lb mark :)



Big kid has been practicing sitting up like this on his own. We have pillows behind him just in case he falls, but he just seems to feel like a grown up when he does this. He'll do this for a few minutes before he gets exhausted and keeps falling right on his face and then will screaammmm until we sit him up again so he can keep sitting like a big kid. Love seeing him grow up!

Anyway, we have a few busy days coming up, but it seems like these past few weeks have absolutely flown by. Before I know it its' always another weekend (it's fabulous!).

Enjoy your days, all. I have a feeling that I probably won't blog again as soon as I'd like too... hopefully I'm wrong, though! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment