Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Little bitty update and some yums from this week

I put a little update on Keegan's health status on Facebook tonight, but I figured I should probably put a little more extensive one on here for anyone who cares to read some details :)

I came home from work last night and Keegan had a fever of 101.5. Which wasn't unbelievably high- but high enough to make him super fussy, uncomfortable and restless. Last night was a rough night. Keegan and I were up throughout the night, and up bright and early this morning. I stayed home from work because I called the doctor and they seemed concerned that maybe this fever meant his ear infection was not gone.

We spent the morning snuggling close, and then finally got ready to head over to see Dr. Josh (our absolutely favorite pediatrician EVER!). They checked him out- and his ears were still pretty infected. His fever had subsided, so that was good. However, they decided that we would finally be able to head to the ENT. I was super relieved because truly, I just want him to have his ears feeling better, so if tubes are what it takes, it's what it takes. We're still not sure on the date of the first appointment with the ENT, but hopefully it'll be soon :).

They did decide to give us a super strong antibiotic to try and give him some relief over the next week or so until we can get in. It's so strong in fact, that the only pharmacy in the Metro-Lansing area that carries it is over at Sparrow Hospital. So Keegan and I had quite the afternoon of errands all for his poor little ears!

And HUGE NEWS: Tonight, after Kris got home from work, he practiced rolling with Keegan, and he absolutely rolled like a mad man. He worked SO hard, and finally manage to completely roll unassisted, and lifted his head high! SO proud of him... sick and all!!!

Okay... so onto some other delicious things from this week...

I made this on Sunday for our Lifegroup- and we loved them so much, I made them again last night so Kris and I could enjoy and entire back to ourselves!

Monkey Bread Muffins:


Seriously, SO good, and SO easy. You just take a stick of butter and cut it up into 1/12's- with a cube in each muffin cup. Put a heaping teaspoon of sugar into each muffin cup, and then sprinkle cinnamon on top. Then take Pillsbury biscuits (or the off brand- what ev!) and break them up into threes or so- and fill the muffin tins. Sprinkle the biscuits with a little bit more sugar and cinnamon, and then bake at 350 degrees or so until golden brown. When you take them out of the oven, drizzle them with sweetened condensed milk.

Oh. My. Word. Seriously incredible. We have a new favorite.

Then tonight for dinner, I decided to take a recipe from Crock Pot Girls, but I kind of did my own twist with ingredients that I had in my pantry...

Bacon Ranch Crock Pot Chicken:

Mix 1 can of cream of celery soup, with a cup of sour cream, and 1/2 a package of ranch dressing powder. Mix in a little bit of milk to loosen it up. Then, add about 1/2 a cup of real bacon bits. Add 3-4 thawed chicken breasts and cook on low for 4-5 hours. THEN, about a 1/2 hour before serving, bowl up some egg noodles and mix into the sauce.

Kris and I both agreed that this would be a new regular dish in our house going forward. SO delish.



No comments:

Post a Comment