Wednesday, September 21, 2011

I should be a chef...

Not to brag or anything... :)

Ha, but, seriously... tonight I made such a good dinner. The main thing I can brag on is the chicken corn chowder that I made- all without a recipe and flying by the seat of my pants. Of course, I forgot to take a picture before we ate it. But, here's the recipe because I know if I don't document it here I will end up forgetting what I did.

Ingredients:

1 bag of buttered corn (I used one of those steam in the microwave ones)
2 small jalepenos
1 can of chicken broth
1/2 can of sweet corn
2 large chopped and peeled carrots
1/4 a vidalia onion chopped
3 chopped celery stalks
2 cups of skim milk\
3 large chicken breasts (diced)

Directions:


Steam bag of buttered corn. After cooked, place in blender with can of chicken broth. Blend. Cut and seed jalepeno's- add to the corn mixture and blend until pureed. In a separate pan cook up chicken pieces. In a large pan (big enough for soup) brown the carrots, celery and onions. Poor corn mixture from the blender in with the cooked vegatables. Add cooked chicken. Stir in two cups of milk. Add remaining 1/2 can of sweet corn. Let cook on low heat for about an hour. Season as desired.

SO YUM, and SO EASY! :)

Also, I found a recipe for an Autumn Chopped Salad on Pinterest, and I decided to do my own twist on it.

Ingredients:

Two Chopped Romain Lettuce Heads
1/2 a cup of chopped walnuts
1/2 a cup of dried cherries
1/8 of cut red onion
1/2 a cup of real bacon bits
1/4 a pear diced
1/2 a cup of poppyseed dressing
1/2 a cup of balsamic vinegarette

Directions:

Mix it all together! :)

SO GOOD. Kris and I both decided that it was the best salad we've ever had. Heads up: Anyone that will be seeing me on Thanksgiving- this is the dish I'm bringing. I call the salad! :) Ha.

You know how I said I found a similar salad recipe on Pinterest?

That is my newest absolute addiction. I cannot get enough of it. The absolute best DIY ideas, incredible recipes- and I think I've even figured out what theme I want to do for Keegan's 1st Birthday party already because of that website! Let me know if you're on Pinterest if I'm not already following you. I LOVE to see what other people love, and steal some of their awesome ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment