Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Mr. ONE MONTH OLD... already!

If time flies when you're having fun, then I must be having a BLAST! I love being a mom. I can't believe Keegan is one month old already. I'm so happy because he's such a good boy, but it does make me a little sad thinking that he's already getting so big (I know, he definitely doesn't look it, but if you compare it to his newborn pictures he looks so much older to me!). I am so sad whenever one of his newborn outfits is suddenly too short for him... Ha! He's SO going to be built JUST like his dad. NOTHING is too tight, in fact, any newborn sized shorts are still way too loose around the waist... but things just keep getting shorter. My tall and skinny boy! :)

I am planning on making a photobook for Keegan for each month of his life. I made one for him for the day he was born, called, "Happy Birthday, Keegan Michael! Happy Birthday to YOU!" and then I'll them be, "Keegan- Year ONE," and "Keegan- Year TWO", etc.

Anyway, I decided to make some onesie's to take his month old pictures in so I can put them in his First Year picture book... Here's Keegan in his ONE MONTH onsie, today on his ONE MONTH birthday!

Keegan Michael...

You are ONE MONTH OLD TODAY!

And I cannot believe it. You have made my life SO much better. It only continues to get better day after day, no matter how tired I am!!!

You are still wearing newborn diapers. You have such a skinny little waist. I tried to put you in size 1 diapers yesterday... they didn't even touch your hiney or thighs! Ha!

You are still wearing mostly newborn clothes, but are starting to fit into some of your 0-3 month clothes.

I'm not quite sure what you weigh. I know it took you two weeks to actually get back to your birth weight, though! I will update that after your one month doctor's appointment next week.

You are definitely a Momma's boy. At night time when Daddy's home from work, sometimes you just cry and cry and cry until your Mommy's holding you. Poor Daddy. Sometimes his feelings are a little hurt. But we know you love him SO much, too. Mom just feeds you... :)

But you are definitely a sweet spirit. You are so alert (when you're awake... ha!) and are always looking us right in the eye, and smiling.

Right now we're working on getting you more on a schedule (I know this can be controversial to anyone reading. We've found this is the best route for our family and are not expecting anyone to follow this routine. We're not psycho about it, but find that he's a better sleeper when he is on more of a eat-wake-sleep schedule).

You're sleeping about 3 hours at a time at night. Can't wait until we starting adding an hour or so onto that! But you are such a good boy, sweet pete!




These are some of OUR favorite things (ha, tribute to Oprah since today is her last show ever!).

We love our Boppy Pillow and LOVE our Bumbo chair! It really helps you with your "tummy time". You are SUCH a sleeper, that you have the tendency to fall asleep as soon as I lay you on your belly for tummy time. These help you strengthen your neck despite that sleepiness... and look at those skinny little legs!

AND, now, my sweet boy, you are finally taking naps by yourself. I am so pumped that I'm able to put you down (and you hardly cry!) and then get things done around the house without the Moby Wrap! Big Kid!



Last weekend we took our first family outing to the ZOO! What a great time. I had never been to Potter Park Zoo here in Lansing, and I was impressed. It was small- but just the right size for a family with little kids. But a couple AWESOME things they have that they definitely didn't have at the zoo when I was little: FREE PONY RIDES AND CAMEL RIDES! Yes, I said CAMEL rides! I can't wait until Keeg's is big enough to ride the camel so I can ride with him. I have a feeling Kris and I will be fighting over who has to stay with the stroller when we ride the camel with him. HA!


Daddy and Keegan at the zoo.


Mommy and Keegan at the zoo, enjoying the sunshine!

Keegan, if the first month is any indication of how great life will be as your Mom, I cannot WAIT for the rest of my life. I love you so much and am so proud to call you my son.

No comments:

Post a Comment