Tuesday, February 14, 2012

I mean, it IS Valentines Day...

Okay, let's get a little corny.

We're not "celebrating" today because we know that while we're on vacation we're going to go on a date together. So that will technically be our "Valentines" day. However, it actually IS Valentines Day today, and my sweet Keegan Michael has a super high fever, so this Momma's home from work, awaiting a call back from the nurse at the pediatrician's to find out if they think he should come in today. So while I wait, and my very sick baby takes his third nap of the day, I will reflect on the most incredible man I've ever met:


I can't believe I get to call you my husband. I can't believe that I'm lucky enough to have you for the rest of my (ha- or your?!) life. I am so incredibly blessed to be able to rest in the fact that you are on my team. WE are on each others team. I appreciate that you support me, love me unconditionally, and that you are my defender when I need defending.



I appreciate that you didn't take the vows we made to each other lightly. I see how you prioritize me as your wife, and the way that you've continued to strive to become a better man day after day... and you have. When I first met you, I thought, "This guy is incredible. I am going to marry him." I never thought that you could get any more incredible. But you have. And I don't tell you every single day- but it's true.


You are the type of man, husband and father that I can only hope and pray that our son becomes. Thank you for your unconditional love towards both me and Keegan Michael. Thank you for making me laugh all the time.

You're the best. Ever. 

Happy Valentines Day to my absolute best friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment